Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Yep, i've seen my roommates Raptor in the same position - many times. He doesn't have it anymore though.

·
Registered
551 Posts
That sucks. I'm with u Jeff. Poor rappy, thats excatly why I DONT HAVE MINE ANYMORE! Lovin the XX.:tup::rock:

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Sneaky and BMF700 (i think he's on here - i know he's on the raptor forum) I watch them get get high centered all the time. I love passing them or atleast not getting hung up when I go over the same stuff they do.

Now dont get me wrong - I have got high centered. And I have been in situations they would have got stuck too. I climbed over a 6" tree stob and it sat down in a hole between two frame bars, I wasn't going anywhere lol. Covered my buddy with mud behind me :D

·
Registered
551 Posts
Yea me too got stuck in some real GOOY mud couple weeks ago, they got thier laugh its all good, but most things dont stop us(xx's).

·
Registered
734 Posts
Nice to see that every forum I am a member of use the Raptor as the yardstick by which every other sport quad is measured to, it does make a point! LOL Love the XX but love my rappy more, let me have it if you want! Just having a good laugh, belive me I like the people on this forum a lot better than on all the other forums.

·
Premium Member
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice to see that every forum I am a member of use the Raptor as the yardstick by which every other sport quad is measured to, it does make a point! LOL Love the XX but love my rappy more, let me have it if you want! Just having a good laugh, belive me I like the people on this forum a lot better than on all the other forums.
The Raptor and XX are IMO built for the same thing. Large bore for gobs of torque and high speed trail riding. You know honda built the XX as an answer to the Raptor. This is why we compare the two. I agree though raptor set the bench mark.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Yeah, to come clean there are 2 reasons I did not get the XX:
- Here where I live the xx costs about $2000 more than the raptor
- Tried my best friends xx and did not like the front push and roll
Just imported a set of Maxxis so I will try it again with those, see if I like it more. To tell you the truth I would never sell my raptor, would buy a xx though, would have to convince the wife to have 2! LOL

·
Premium Member
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, to come clean there are 2 reasons I did not get the XX:
- Here where I live the xx costs about $2000 more than the raptor
- Tried my best friends xx and did not like the front push and roll
Just imported a set of Maxxis so I will try it again with those, see if I like it more. To tell you the truth I would never sell my raptor, would buy a xx though, would have to convince the wife to have 2! LOL
The XX takes time to adjust. I felt akward with the IRS at first too and now I ride it like it SRA. Give the quad time and its a truly EPIC machine!!!

·
Registered
734 Posts
You're alright xx, you gotta know I have a lot of respect for this beauty of a quad to be a member here and try lo learn all I can about it and also try to help out as much as I can.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts