Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please tell me that Honda's grease-less design is superior. I've ridden mine twice and it already squeaks, so I'm not too pleased with the suspension serviceability so far. Does anyone use teflon spray or grease on the A-arms?

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Yeah! They should have install some zerk fittings but as usual they want you to wear the parts out so you can buy more. I usually take the bike apart every 2 years and clean and lube the whole bike. Mine is over a year old and doesn't squeak and have been thru many big puddles of water/mud. I always wash down the bike the night after riding and lube the available joints with teflon lube.

·
Registered
667 Posts
The stem will squeek, it is just a rubber gromit. Houser put zirks on the a-arms and I bottomed out and broke them off on the frame gussets! They sent me new upper a-arm immediatly and some plugs to install after I greased the bearings. Pain in the butt , but it works.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah! They should have install some zerk fittings but as usual they want you to wear the parts out so you can buy more. I usually take the bike apart every 2 years and clean and lube the whole bike. Mine is over a year old and doesn't squeak and have been thru many big puddles of water/mud. I always wash down the bike the night after riding and lube the available joints with teflon lube.
Are you using the Dupont spray and just spraying down in between fittings? For anyone who's taken the a-arms apart, is it just a plastic sleeve that the a-arm pivots inside of or what? Metal or plastic? I'm envisioning a plastic journal bearing but could be totally wrong.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
That's what I use and been using for a long time and works great!

·
Registered
528 Posts
get a drill and tap and put fittings on the top side.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.