Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
and how many people died in car crashes? typical mainstream hype...

·
Registered
505 Posts
You can be hurt on any bike....if they still made them, I would still be ridding them instead of a quad.

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
That demo video would look very different with some suspension...

·
Registered
192 Posts
You guys have to admit, they were pretty dangerous. Makers did not advertise them like they did motorcycles. Even Honda pretty much said, although not in so many words, in the commercials, get on and ride. It also didn't help that people did misuse them, like a lot of people now, including myself.

·
Registered
201 Posts
they should outlaw canned beans because i cut my finger opening them!!!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well dispite the "danger' I love the little 70's. I picked up a 1981 project ATC70 from a local junkyard today. I cant believe all the parts available for them. They seem to be the Clasic 64 Mustang of the ATV world and I cant wait to get started on it!

link to available parts..... http://hondaatc70.com/default.aspx

my "classic"

Cool Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cBYZ6VUrYA

·
Registered
821 Posts
I know its the wrong forum but i have a 74 ish Honda 90 I would send down the road.

But it would be fun to still have these as an option. I know they have conversions for the 450r. But put the 300 ex motor on one to replace the 200x, 400ex for the 350ex, 450r for the r. And updated suspension. I used to own an 84 and 86 200x.

Some people shouldn't ride a stick horse.

Another question, what about a new Odyssey or pilot?

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
They were the best way to learn how to wheelie !!!! Not a lot of power like our XX's but you could wheelie longer then anything !!!!

Joe

·
Premium Member
790 Posts
I personally had a 185s Honda when i was about 14... drove it for about 6 months in our 5 acre yard... My mom had warned me id kill myself if it flipped on top of me.... sure enough i crashed and was pinned with it on top of me for about 2 minutes until i could get it off........Chopped it up and made a go Kart with it right after/....

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
You guys have to admit, they were pretty dangerous. Makers did not advertise them like they did motorcycles. Even Honda pretty much said, although not in so many words, in the commercials, get on and ride. It also didn't help that people did misuse them, like a lot of people now, including myself.

Seriously, though, what are you getting at? If a marketing agenda makes you roll an ATV on your head, it was bound to happen sooner or later.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Can happen anytime, LMFAO. Biff a set of mini whoops on a 185S and you get the forks bent back bad enough to lock the front wheel is what I saw.

Long live 3 wheels!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Seriously, though, what are you getting at? If a marketing agenda makes you roll an ATV on your head, it was bound to happen sooner or later.
I didn't mean it like that. I meant that because of the way marketed them, most people were ignorant to their own abilities, and the abilities of themselves. The same can be said today, but in the 80's off road vehicles were not as mainstream. I can't be sure, but I'm aure that there weren't has many regulations and safety courses for new owners/riders.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts