Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got them today!! I'm still trying to figure out the ride height with these and hopefully get to ride some trails next weekend.

Attachments

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Boost: What ride height do you have with your Fox's? I was thinking 10 3/4 in the front and 10 1/2 in the rear.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My front is 11" and the rear is 10 3/4". 10 3/4" might be hard to get, with the 23' fronts.
Thanks, Yea without messing with them yet the front is 12 and rear is 10 1/4 which I can visually see the front is way too high compared to the rear lol.

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
Great question, Baxter. It seems like the Fox manual told me to do it from the front engine mount and the peg, but I haven't done anything with that. Is that what you did, guys?

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I always thought it was right behind the front a arm for front and at the footpeg for the rear.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Kinda curious , but where do you measure youre front/rear ride height from ?
Standard practice for quad ride height is to measure bottom of the frame to the ground, under the footpegs for rear and just in front of the front motor mounts for the front. Rider on the quad in full gear, rear about 1/4" to 1/2" less then the front. This is how I have always set my quads up.

Of course, this is for a SRA quad, who knows if setup will be any different for a IRS quad. My gut feeling is it should be the same, as you would use the same measurements to determine shock lengths and shaft travel, bottomed out and extended frame heights.

As long as you are using the same place front and rear on the frame for all measurements and comparisons, probably doesn't really matter exactly where, just want to be consistant. Don't be afraid to try different settings. As I have said before, what one person loves another could hate.

Doug

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
How much did having the rears redone like that cost? What was the turn around time?

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
How much did having the rears redone like that cost? What was the turn around time?
It's 625 and took 6 weeks but there was a big shipping error so it should take more like 3 weeks.

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Standard practice for quad ride height is to measure bottom of the frame to the ground, under the footpegs for rear and just in front of the front motor mounts for the front. Rider on the quad in full gear, rear about 1/4" to 1/2" less then the front. This is how I have always set my quads up.

Of course, this is for a SRA quad, who knows if setup will be any different for a IRS quad. My gut feeling is it should be the same, as you would use the same measurements to determine shock lengths and shaft travel, bottomed out and extended frame heights.

As long as you are using the same place front and rear on the frame for all measurements and comparisons, probably doesn't really matter exactly where, just want to be consistant. Don't be afraid to try different settings. As I have said before, what one person loves another could hate.

Doug
Thats what the Fox instructions that came with my Shocks said to do, and also How I did mine

1 - 16 of 16 Posts