Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last year I rode in the snow with my 24" Kenda Bear claws and it was horrible. All I did was bounce around and it didnt make for a very fun riding experience. I found these on dirt wheels website. I'm curious to see how they would handle in the snow, looks like a minature version of paddle tires. I tried sand tires on my blaster years ago and it didn't work out at all but these look promising. What do you all think?

http://dirtwheelsmag.com/ME2/dirmod...0&tier=3&nid=B9F4C31D831D42E4AD91B3E01E962490:atv:

·
Registered
323 Posts
They say this twice:

In the snow, the Kenda tires worked best if the trail was packed or groomed. In powder over six inches deep, our 2WD Raptor started to get high-centered on the swingarm.

I wonder if something like a mudlite would work well also?

·
Premium Member
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They say this twice:

In the snow, the Kenda tires worked best if the trail was packed or groomed. In powder over six inches deep, our 2WD Raptor started to get high-centered on the swingarm.

I've tried mud tires and they dont work imo. One thing that might make these tires work better for the XX is our insane ground clearence. 6" of snow wouldn't stop us on any tire so with the snow tire you might see some nice acceleration improvements.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
the paddles I tried last yr on the 450R worked okay. I tried them normal ways and they didn't work worth a darn, and then my roomie said switch them around and they made a world of difference. I also rode all winter w/ my RZR2s on the XX, and they worked fine. I mean they are what they are. Not going to be as great as a track or anything.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I used kenda sand gecko 10 paddles in the snow last year and they got me through the snow like a treat and I live in Canada and we get real amounts of snow :lol:. I would say anything over a foot of snow needed a good running start. The reason I got them was because I tried my razrs in the snow and they were worst than the stock tires they spun like crazy and got stuck in nothing pretty much.

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
I'd get some 4-snow but they don't come in our sizing, not even in 10in but the zippers apparently are pretty good.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
They say this twice:

The old Blackwaters worked well for me in the past, I would think the Mudlites would too.

·
Registered
201 Posts
the ohstu pro wedge (original honda tire), for snow, and the other one pictured do VERY well in the snow.

we used the pro wedge tire for years ice racing (see pics) in the non studded classes. it worked great until the outlaw setups started coming in with hoosier tires.

Attachments

·
Registered
115 Posts
mudsharks always treated me well

1 - 18 of 18 Posts