Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My battery just died today and it had a little juice to get it goin onece today, but not now.. Anyway, I have a good battery tester and atv itself is not charging the battery when it's running... Anyone know why this just all of the sudden happened? I live on Canada so I had alot of snow and ice build up inside.. Think it could have screwed the connection at all when everything melted?

Please let me know, would like it to work and not charge the battery when I get done with it everyday.. :/

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
well if it keeps runnin after u jump her its not ur stator just a shot battery

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Last night it batery went completely dead and it would not run without the battery charger hooked up to it on "boost" like last night it just didn't havve enough power to crank I lt over, but once it got goin the rest of the power went to the efi and the lights.. The light had had gotten dimmer and dimmer and then they were pretty much off and the quad stauled.. So it's not the battery... Please, any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
If I was confident my battery and battery connections were good, I would check my grounds first then the stator. If it was a quad with 2 types of starting, I would check for voltage while somebody else turned it over. You might check the manual and see what it recommends on the 700. I would then check other connection points, then start taking some ohm readings of the components and compare to the range in the manual.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Try charging the battery with the -/+ leads diconnected and see if accepts any amps.
If it is good then check charging connecters.

There are 2 main connecters for the charging system,
1: White round plug from stator which is mounted under the battery tray.
2: regulator/rectifier, led down flat in front of the stem.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
put a different bettery on and see what happens

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh shot guys! I forgot to plug the regulator in now that I thought about it! I moved it to a different spot and didn't plugg it in, will do tomarrow

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanx Baxter

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
ooopppss lol

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
A, so far it's been simple things like that, which have been my fault go wrong on my xx. I'd have to say it's a real good machine!

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Oh shot guys! I forgot to plug the regulator in now that I thought about it! I moved it to a different spot and didn't plugg it in, will do tomarrow
That is funny. Guess should have asked if you had done anything recently. How long had it been unplugged?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.