Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was on my local dealers website and stumbled onto below!

License plates now required for all publicly used ATVs & UTVs
April 2, 2012 - Madison, WI - Wisconsin legislators signed a bill into law that required consumers to supply their own rear plate showing their ATV and Utility Vehicle registration numbers.

Starting on July 1st 2012, for publicly registered UTVs & ATVs, owners will be required to furnish a rear plate in addition to the 2 side decals furnished by DNR,: This change was added after much discussion over the years with various experts and user groups based on surveys and meetings.

• Plate will be minimum of 4 inches in height and 7 ½ inches wide.
  • Plate must be white
  • Black lettering a minimum of 1 ½ inches high with a minimum 3/16 inch stroke
  • Needs only the 4 registration numbers and two letters that follow. Same as on your decal.
  • Owner shall maintain the plate so it is in legible condition
  • Plate shall be attached to the rear of the vehicle

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Yep I guess that's it. They are really screwing thing up badly there!

·
Super Moderator
5,866 Posts
Plates should be yellow to blend in with the cheese heads! lol j/k used to live in Janesville.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Yes, Yellow and black letters/numbers, who remembers those?
Why cant we just be left alone? Oh you just spent thousands here give me some for taxes, oh and land use and we need to know who rides, then a plate so I can pay again when I go to the UP or IL or MN. Makes me want to move to South Carolina...wait....never mind all ready there!

·
Registered
73 Posts
I wish I could drive my quad on the streets where I live, the cops said if they catch me on the road with my quad again they will impound it..they are total d**ks here

·
Registered
381 Posts
What about putting on turn signals? and auto tags. lol I know guys that got their atvs road legal in Germany that was cool they just couldn't take them on the autoban.

·
Super Moderator
5,866 Posts
Plates should be yellow to blend in with the cheese heads! lol j/k used to live in Janesville.

Ohio has been requiring atv's to be state register'd as long as I can remember. At least if your going to ride them in the State Forest. I am surprised Wi. is just now requiring this, because as a child I lived there in the 70's. And you had to license a bicycle to ride it on the streets. The bike's had to pass inspection, with proper reflector's and a generator to ride after dark. They said this was for theft, but if you ask me just being dik's! And I can remember being stopped and asked to show my sticker at least a few times a year!

·
Registered
316 Posts
That's why I live in Wv. no registration, we don't have to even title them if we don't want to. If you dont title it then you can get away without paying taxes on it...... and in some areas it is legal to be on the highway(around the Hatfield and McCoy trail system) and I can leave my house on my xx and ride all day without seeing asphalt If I want to.

·
Registered
381 Posts
luck bugger

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
I can leave my house on my xx and ride all day without seeing asphalt If I want to.
i can too except for now when deer season is in,just for 2 months, i have 40,000acres leaving from my house to ride on this is all logging roads.:xx:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts