Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok...so we just installed a modified raptor 700 FCI intake into our buddies XX. Also added a PCV. Having a very hard time getting it to start when it does, once it warms up, it dies. If you stab the throttle it does. Took it to a reputable shop to dyno tune it, he couldn’t make heads or tails of it. Doesn’t matter what tune we throw at it, same results. I feel like we are so off on any base tune with this amount of airflow that it’s just too lean and is too much air off idle when you stab it. Any help would be appreciated. Also, we also installed a hot cam and we’re having this problem. So we took it out and put the stock cam back in. Still having the issue.

·
Registered
2007 TRX450ER
228 Posts
Have you changed the fuel filter?

·
Registered
138 Posts
valve clearance too tight?
the exhaust valve could remains open, when hot,
losing compression and then shut down

·
Registered
138 Posts
anyway, regarding lean carburetion, I would exclude, I tried to remove filter and cover, on asphalt, just a test, but the engine never died, try to remove PCV .... perhaps the parameters are too altered

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I understand putting back to stock...that’s not the point here. At any point I can put it back. I am trying to make this work and make more power. Looking for help problem solving.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I believe you should really put back to stock to ensure all is ok. After that reinstall one mod for time. First air filter only and see what happen. And then PCV.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
We did…same thing. Put the stock cam back in. Unhooked the PCV. I really think it’s just too much air off of idle or when you stab the throttle. Trying to figure out the fuel mapping to get it to work.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
are you running stock exhaust?

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Right now the current mods are Barkers exhaust, modified FCI intake and PCV. Does anyone have a map for something close to this. We are heading to the dyno again next week and are trying to get this running.

·
Registered
138 Posts
you could try partially closing that filter, wrapping something around, up to half for example, and start playing with maps

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So we took it back to the dyno. A quick stab of the throttle bogs it or makes it want to die. Gently rolling on the throttle everything is fine up util 45% throttle and then the bike wants to die off. Then once it warms up the bike wants to die.

Changed the TB
Checked the TPS
Timing is on
Valves are adjusted
Changed the fuel filter

Any new suggestions?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts