Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My quad wont start:steamed:Started it up and when i would give it some gas it would die, fiddled around with the programmer and it started, went down the street, seems alittle low on power and when i let off the gas it poped and backfired and died and wont start back up? Plug? and if so how do you change them on this quad??
Thanks
Steve in Ct

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Any previous problems with it acting up? Did you change the settings on the programmer when you fiddled with it?

·
Registered
335 Posts
How long had it sat for? Bad gas maybe? How long since it ran and ran well? What changed in that time frame?

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
blackflame,
Fuel is turned on, Correct? Very hard to read. Get down with flash light to verify.
Sid

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
check if getting fuel and fire, compression,just adjusted my valves after 300 hrs on stk motor the exhaust valves was way out of spec which caused it to run like shit not idle, hard to start and decompressor not to work right,if i would of run it any longer like that i could of dropped a valve which would have been more costly

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got a couple plugs on order, i know how to wrench, but do you take the plugs out of these? Do you have to remove anything? Looked kind of tight in there. I also think i will unplug the programer when i install the new plug and see how it runs. I have no clue what the quad been through or even if the programmer is working right.. I will check the connections first.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
remove spark plug cap without tearing it maybe with needlenose, i think its a5/8 plug socket and take plug out ,i can barely do it without taking tank off , i wear rubber latex gloves and it helps me grip the plug once you break it loose and thread it out. some people on here like doing it with the tool kit that came under the seat,especially on the trail. if fingers is too big take gas tank loose which is a painintheass just to change the plug but it can be done without doing that!:xx:

·
Registered
190 Posts
If you have a fuel programmer make sure all the connections are connected. On my power commander the small connection got disconnected this winter and caused the quad to act up.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok pulled the plug and i have no spark, i'll be picking up new ones this week. It was pretty black. Couple questions on my Dynojet programmer, i have no clue about it. What should it look like when i'm cranking it over and what should it look like once it is running? Can you tune it without going online and if so how? I would take it off but there is a pipe and a aftermarket intake on it.
Thanks
Steve in Ct

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
i think you need a laptop to put different maps on the pc3 and pc5 doebeck is simple to adjust you need no laptop with doebeck. you prolly need to get it dyno tuned if there is any tuners in your area there is shit for tuners in my area thats why im keeping my doebeck for now:xx:

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Ok pulled the plug and i have no spark, i'll be picking up new ones this week. It was pretty black. Couple questions on my Dynojet programmer, i have no clue about it. What should it look like when i'm cranking it over and what should it look like once it is running? Can you tune it without going online and if so how? I would take it off but there is a pipe and a aftermarket intake on it.
Thanks
Steve in Ct
Not sure what mods you have, but you can get maps for the Dynojet Power Commander a couple of ways. A few members on this website have lots of maps for different tunes. ei boost addict, VelociRaptor. Follow this thread for more info, http://www.club700xx.com/vb/showthread.php?t=2793

The second way to get the map is right from the manufacture of your pipe, or 3rd way from powercommander. There's tons of maps out there no need for you to pay to have it dyno tuned, imo. But the only true tune is a dyno tune. Also if you have the PC5 they also sell the autotune option, but like I said I'm not sure what you have. And I hope a plug is your only spark issue!

http://www.powercommander.com/power...el-n=TRX700XX&year=2009&mk=19&mdl=201&yr=2009

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
i think you need a laptop to put different maps on the pc3 and pc5 doebeck is simple to adjust you need no laptop with doebeck. you prolly need to get it dyno tuned if there is any tuners in your area there is shit for tuners in my area thats why im keeping my doebeck for now:xx:

yes you do need a laptop or computer using a usb cord to connect to the programmer, and then use the software available at http://www.powercommander.com/powercommander/Downloads/powercommander_downloads.aspx?ProdType=PCV

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Got my new plug and she fired right up and took it for alittle ride.. Just to make sure i understand this right, you need to hook the programmer to make any changes correct?

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Got my new plug and she fired right up and took it for alittle ride.. Just to make sure i understand this right, you need to hook the programmer to make any changes correct?
Yes hook usb cable from Computer, or laptop to Power Commander. And you need the PC software.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes hook usb cable from Computer, or laptop to Power Commander. And you need the PC software.
I don't want to adjust anything, i just wanted to make sure if the buttons get pushed on the programmer that nothing will happen? The quad is new to me buts it's been ridden. I have to go through it, oil change clean the air filter etc..
thanks
Steve in Ct

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
I'm sorry but I'm not familiar with the PC3, I have the PCV. If your quad is running okay, as far as you know it probably is fine. Check your plug color, and go from there.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Im having the same issue with mine. I try to start it and it would hesitate before starting right up like there's a loose connection or something. Checked the battery and it's fully charged. The things practically brand new. Any help would be appreciated!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts