Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Will try to get some better resolution pics up tomorrow. Here she is 08' 700xx I hope my girl is ok with what I have done to it.

·
Registered
118 Posts
looks good! did you powdercoat the rims or paint? and how did u do the headlight?

·
Registered
821 Posts
Hope she isn't like my gf. She likes the before pic, plus headlight. I have seen headlight covers on here somewhere, is that what it is or did you spray it. Nightshades has a product for tailights, spray it on, more coats for darker.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The wheels are powdercoated by a good friend of mine and as for the headlight I contacted Power Form Pro. I found them in the product reviews section and they have a great product it is actually held in place with velcro so I can take it off for night rides. Believe it or not the cover does not really dim the headlight to much. I have a friend with a 400ex and he painted his now he has no lights it will shine through just enough to be able to spot him at night but he can't see a thing.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hope she isn't like my gf. She likes the before pic, plus headlight. I have seen headlight covers on here somewhere, is that what it is or did you spray it. Nightshades has a product for tailights, spray it on, more coats for darker.
Sadly she is like your girlfriend tasteless. No offense but why do they love plain everything. My girl is gonna have a fit when she see's the gray hood is gone. I bought her a new helmet and goggles to distract her from it lol.

·
Registered
538 Posts
dude, that looks nasty, im not a big fan of "cut" fenders, but you did a really nice job, they look great. how much $$ to power coat the wheels?

head light black out is bad ass too, thanks for the pics, nice lookin xx :rock:

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
lookin sweet! i knew the headlight cover would catch on i think its one of my favorite cosmedic mods ive done.
another nice easy look is to paint the hubs, red would really pop with the blk rims.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
lookin sweet! i knew the headlight cover would catch on i think its one of my favorite cosmedic mods ive done.
another nice easy look is to paint the hubs, red would really pop with the blk rims.
I hate painting things on my ATV's cause it never seems to hold up and I can never find good durable paint.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
dude, that looks nasty, im not a big fan of "cut" fenders, but you did a really nice job, they look great. how much $$ to power coat the wheels?

head light black out is bad ass too, thanks for the pics, nice lookin xx :rock:
I pay $100 for the set and they are double coated have had the same done on my YFZ and it holds up well.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
I hate painting things on my ATV's cause it never seems to hold up and I can never find good durable paint.
yeah powdercoating would be better. but i know what you mean thats why i havnt even powdercoated my rims they are always diggin in to berms and it just wouldnt last

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Looks good. Tell your girl to hang on. That red seat will add 5-10 more ponies!!!!!
I think your right the first time I rode it with the new seat I almost slipped off. It is way slippery I wish I could have gotten the gripper in red.

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
I love the look of the bike. I need to start my cosmetic mods. I just havent figured out what i want to do. I love the grill it looks awesome.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I love the look of the bike. I need to start my cosmetic mods. I just havent figured out what i want to do. I love the grill it looks awesome.
Seeing as it is for my girl. I am working a little backwards on this one. Cosmetics came first to get her on board. Now I can start getting approval to spend the big money on performance.:hey:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts