Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just came back from loading up, unloading, then loading up and then unloading again. The riding spot five minutes from my house is now under new ownership and we are not allowed to ride there anymore. Right after unloading a guy come out of the trails on a KTM and we were chatting. Then...... a cop rolls up and gives us the bad news. He was nice enough to let us off with warnings and take our information so that next time we get caught there it will be a trespassing ticket. I'm really pissed because I bought the xx knowing that we had a riding spot right there, the next closest one is an hour away and like that it is gone. I live in the middle of Ohio with f ing land and f ing farms all around me and there is no where to ride. Go figure that out. Thanks for letting me blow off some steam. I am going to be up for some road trips so anyone who wants to ride let me know.

·
Registered
157 Posts
That bites man. I am sorry to hear that.

Where I used to live there was nowhere near to ride so I kept my wheeler at my friend's father's house that had state land and trails down the road. My friend's kept their wheelers there too and it was an awesome place to ride but his fathers house was nearly an hour away and I ended up selling the wheeler because riding was just too inconvenient. I swore I would never get another again until I have land by my house. My new house does so I bought my 700 but if for some reason I couldn't ride here anymore I think I'd give the 700 up too. I love wheelers and the variety of riding but when hassle is involved it's not worth it to me because I can start riding my streetbike the second my garage opens.

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will never give it up. In some other post I said that I will be buried with this machine and I mean it. Just have to keep looking.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Tory, been there done that . It sucks, and I am sorry it happened to you..

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts
I admire your dedication, and your amount of free time! :tup:

free time haha I work 11 hour days and go to school full time...so when I am off on thurs and sundays I get my therapy...(unless hubby puts up a battle) not to mention I am up till 2 or 3 doing stinking homework...who decides at 38 to change careers...:eek:hno:

THANK YOU, I am dedicated ... I could not function with the crappy part of life without knowing a ride was in my week!!!! ask anyone who rides with me I never want to go home...just want to ride.....

so Tory...I feel for you!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
308 Posts
free time haha I work 11 hour days and go to school full time...so when I am off on thurs and sundays I get my therapy...(unless hubby puts up a battle) not to mention I am up till 2 or 3 doing stinking homework...who decides at 38 to change careers...:eek:hno:

quote]

At least you are trying to change careers. Now going on 40 with 3 kids under 8 and being in this god forsaken business for 18 or 19 years, I wish I would of gotten out 10 years ago like I had tried to! That was before kids and before a wife...AAAAHHH the good times!

And who the he!! are these good hearted people you speak of? WTF?

Yo go Nicole! :tup: Keep it up, it will pay off for you!

Tory, sorry to hear you guys lost your ride spot...time to relocate!

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Its alright. I have calmed down a bit it was just the location was perfect but I am going to contact the new owners of the land and try to persuade them to let us ride for as long as we can.

·
Registered
296 Posts
hang in there, it sucks. we pay for, reg, ins. were does the money go for us to ride? im in ny its no better...

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
I dont have to drive nowhere to ride,if i ride at the house,i live out in the country, surrounded by papercompany land,i have acess to about 50,000 acres of logging roads,the only time we got to watch it is during deer season. there is two offroad parks about 40 minutes from the house too. the two parks charge 35$ a day

·
Registered
64 Posts
Sorry to hear the bad news! I feel your pain! I just got a ticket today for dust, and I can no longer ride from my house. Feds said no riding at all in the Las Vegas Valley!

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I am in Springboro. Just between Cincinnati and Dayton. Columbus is an hour and a half away from me. We should meet up and ride. Any places up there? Glad to see a fellow Ohioan.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well.......I just contacted the new realty company for that property and he said that it is some big wig company who now owns it. I asked him for their info and he said no you have to go through us, so I asked him if we could get any form of written permission to ride there and he said no absolutely not. Then I said that we would even sign waivers and even make a donation or ride fee to ride. Again he said no. So instead of letting people do what they have been for the last 25 years, they are gonna let it sit there and rot because there are no plans in the near future for development. What is this world coming to. Sorry to the white collars but suits suck.

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts
What are you going to school for?

:late edit:

I mean, like what are you studying, I realize why you're probably going to school.

:D
haha your a funny ass man scuzz, I can't wait to see if you do this in person...lol

Interior design...would like to work with builders designing floor plans...not so much the decorating but the function of a space...

snowdog you know your one of my favorite peeps!!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.