Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did round 5 of the British Quad Cross Country Championship on the 700ex.
I posted the question , 700xx for XC on another forum and there was one doing it in the US.
Quick answer, My God what a quad.:yay:
This bike was basically stock and has a very forgiving chassis and suspension setup.
I hit for too many logs, stumps and ruts that racing my current setup on the 450r , I'd be in traction and casts. The only thing that stopped from me doing better is ;
Lack of steering dampner ,limiting my self to 4th gear in the woods and not quite flat out on the loose gravel roads.(it gets a serious wobble in 5th)
This is one of the most underated quads I will every ride or own.
Wrong tire selection, 23"rear and 22"fronts
A 1/4 pull quick throttle . (fitted by previous owner)

The 700xx has so much torque that every time I touched the throttle ,I was aiming it at the sky.The only thing I have rode like this is a tuned CR500 ,I borrowed when racing two wheelers at MX.
I will post pics when I get time and specs and more info.
MY GOD THIS IS FUN RIDING THIS QUAD !
P.S. This my first time riding the T-ReXX.

·
Banned
711 Posts
did you extend your arms for xc racing...... their is a race next month iam going to do and iam vary currious about a few things. i have a damper comming to me this week but i need shocks bad.......

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
scuzz : You and pantyhose ,I thought you were going to see somebody about that.
Hawk : A-arms are stock.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Playing around with this idea
View attachment 366

View attachment 367

A sort of easy EHS lid
Correct me if im wrong, but the EHS lid served two purposes. Keep junk out the Air Box and Allow for more airflow. The CnC'ed block up front just made sure that Air was pulled across the lid filter and not the front (Path of Least resistance).... In theory. The filter on the lid could restrict flow...would need to do back to back dynos to be certain.

·
Registered
984 Posts
I just have to ask! where those your wifes or were they yours?:lmao:

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I had an outerwear on the filter and the dust was so bad that it got through the outerwear and slightly through the air filter. So this be used in them sort of conditions. A sort of added safety for my motor.

scuzz , loved to have seen ya misses face when you asked to borrow them.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Hey Scuzz that looks kinda fimilar. LOL. Baxter, I did my own U should check it out, I think Scuzz posted some pics for me!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts