Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so St. Nick forgot my atv parts this year so I'm picking out some toys for myself. Need some input on what to buy, should I get 1) full FMF exhaust and a 13t sprocket. Or 2) full frame skids, a pair of razrs out back, and a 13t sprocket. The bike already has a FMF EFI controller, and a Modquad air filter kit. I have about 500.00 to play with and can't make up my mind.:confused:

·
Registered
253 Posts
I'd say go with an FMF slip-on, Razr tires and a 13t sprocket. That should really liven up your XX, especially since you already have the controller and filter kit. Then when you can afford it go with some skids and then a header. The stock headers on any quad are usually pretty decent, it's the silencer that really hinders the engine from breathing.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Go for the exhaust it's the biggest ticket item since you have a bunch of cash on hand now. The skids and tires won't hurt the wallet as much individually.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Go for the exhaust it's the biggest ticket item since you have a bunch of cash on hand now. The skids and tires won't hurt the wallet as much individually.

That's what I was thinking. i could really use the skids, but the exhaust is the big ticket item.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
go with the exhaust. ive been running round over some nast terain and have been doing fine with out skids. go for the power!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok so my girlfriend talked me into skid plates, a set of razer tires and a 13t sprocket. It is rocky as hell where we ride at. Loving the 13t so far. Went with Pro Armor skids, look great fit like hell. A LOT of egging out holes and adding shims, hope I don't have to take it off anytime soon. Started the exhaust savings fund. Is the head pipe a must? Or would a slip-on be the way to go? I'm not planing on tearing into the motor anytime soon. Was thinking about going with something from FMF since I got some bonus bucks left with rocky mountain atv and they really don't sell anything else.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
You'll need an optimizer if you add a header. There is a significant amount of power made with adding the header compared to just the slip on. I may have an FMF header available soon if interested.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
1 - 11 of 11 Posts