Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was riding Sunday, came down a pretty steep bank got to the bottom and it died. No dash light or anything.. turned key on and off, hit the kill switch, nada. Thought battery took a crap. Hooked jumpers to it and she fired up. Again thought it was battery. Went up small hill to just check it it to do with the hill. It died right as I crested the top. I was on throttle so it wasn't because I killed it. Disconnected the negative on battery and reconnected, everything worked fine. Continued riding the rest of the day, went up some really steep banks, jumps, little bit of everything. It never did it again. Anybody ever have this problem, I wanna know what caused it so I can fix it or prevent it.

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
Isn't there some sort of tip over sensor that kills the bike if you flip? That may be your problem, with the steep hills. The sensor could be malfunctioning.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
i dont think it would be an bad idea if we disconnect the tip over sensor, that could get dangerous if it stalls at the wrong moment , ive had issues like that before climbing hills and just regular riding, some members bypassed the reverse limiter so ,i guess we all should bypass the rollover sensor.:confused:

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
Not saying to bypass it im saying he should check it I don't think it would be smart to disconnect that.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Some sort of sensor erorr or computer problem. I no our loaders at work flash computer codes and retard the motor. If we turn the master switch off for a few minutes and then back on things are usually ok. One of your sensors must of stuck.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
The tip over (bank angle) sensor can be bypassed quite easily . I only raced onced with it and bypassed it so I could fit a steering dampner and put the rectifier in it's place.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.