Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The XX went to the Honda shop for bad blue smoking. Just found out yesterday that it needs a new piston, rings and valve stem guides. Has anyone else had this happen? Its kinda odd that it would happen this soon...it has around 200 hours on it.

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
I have a stock piston for sale cheap :hey:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
the warranty is actually going to cover it? Thats a first! Congratulations! lol

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
how many times have you serviced your air filter.

why should warranty cover poor maintenence?

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I service mine after just about every ride and that's what they said on mine too soooooo yeah its not poor maintenance!

·
Registered
201 Posts
do you still have the parts? i would love to see pics of the damage on all these rejected claims.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I clean my airfilter about every 3 or 4 rides (depends on the conditions)...I know that it didnt suck dirt in the engine, I use that spray on tack stuff that goes on the foam airfilters. And my stock warranty is over, but I have another warranty through Cyclemax. Honda shop said it'll be fixed no matter what. I'll ask them for the wore out parts when I go to pick it up, I guess they'll give them to me?

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
.... I'll ask them for the wore out parts when I go to pick it up, I guess they'll give them to me?
Most repair shops are required by law to give you your old parts back if you ask for them... at least they are required here in California. It helps prevent fraud when a shop says they replaced this or that and charge you for parts that they never replaced.

roadkill

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
If you have the money to purchase a piston it would be worth while to do so while it's apart. You'll gain a bit of noticable torque but if you were to ever add a cam later the results will be that much better.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts