·
Registered
1,592 Posts
thats a thing of beauty

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanx, gotta resurface it. See the two small nics in deck on the left? Didnt see em until I cleaned the head. Dont know if it was done during removal or at the machineshop or I bumped it or what, wont be there too much longer though.....

·
Registered
505 Posts
you sure do good work Bo!

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
i was just wondering dose a port job effect stock much....same with a bored throttle body...

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The more you modify air flow in one area and not the other the more bottle neck effect you will see on the total package.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
opps i meant "stock reliability"...sorry for my stupidity

·
Registered
136 Posts
Looks good Bo I just got done ordering my pipe and clutch kit today. I'll give ya a call tomorrow got some questions. Thanks again :D

·
Registered
201 Posts
what happened to the valve guides? did you install new ones?

the valve life would have to suffer heavily with the lack of support provided by stock valve guide length.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts

the valve life would have to suffer heavily with the lack of support provided by stock valve guide length.
Why would you create an account to pull up an old post? Couldn't you use your previous...

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Ive got cylinder heads that I ported 3 years ago still in service, besides I know how much guide is required for reliability through experience. One fact is FI engines are alot easier on guides than carb engines.

·
Registered
201 Posts
i am a new member and was looking through all posts, this just struck me as odd.

the amount of flow that you gain is so minute versus the reliability that you loose, i just cant see the gain.

this sight is full of good info, just wondering what he was thinking thats all.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Ive got cylinder heads that I ported 3 years ago still in service, besides I know how much guide is required for reliability through experience. One fact is FI engines are alot easier on guides than carb engines.
in what way?

how can the valves tell what type of induction that is being utilized?

no arguing here i have had bad experiences with the "disappearing guide" act. but i put ALOT of hours on my stuff.

check youtube on slow mo valve action, it is suprising how much the valves move laterally with proper guide length much less ones this short.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Do we get a proper introduction? Who are you and what do you do.

·
Registered
201 Posts
im an old racer and a honda fanatic. i am also a service writer at a power sports dealership.

and you>?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.