Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here are a couple of pics showing the differance between the Raptor SE fronts vs the XX pogo sticks. I will post more pics and what's needed to get them mounted on the XX. The shocks have High-/Lo-speed compression, rebound and threaded preload adjustment, 9" of travel.

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
Good idea Jody, can't wait to see how turns out. DL where are my stock Raptor shocks lol

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
I'm already looking for some so I can do the same thing. Jody if you come across some on the raptor forums let me know!!

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
The bottom mount look about the same width. This should be an easy upgrade.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Remember, the compressed length is just as important as the extended length. Since the Raptor shock looks to be around 2" shorter, the compressed length could be about the same, so the tire on the 700XX could travel up further, meaning the frame could hit the ground before the shock actually bottoms out. Just something else to look out for.

Doug

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
Fyi i'm running kyb shock from a ski-doo mxz x 2010-11 they are 18'' long and amazing! This sled weight 442 dry like the xx .

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
That's about what I'm shooting for in price range and I've been looking on eBay and have found lots of elkas for cheap that fit yfz's.

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
Not really and everything is more expensive. Its hard to find used parts for the xx as well.

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
I dont want to hijack your thread, so if it this is out of place, the mods can delete it.

I found some '11 yfz450 shocks that the guy says measure 18.25" from eye to eye (center to center) and have 9.5" travel. Any idea how these will work for the XX? Any idea what adjustments can be made with these shocks? It looks like the yfz only weighs 400 lbs, so its a good bit lighter than our rigs.

·
Premium Member
790 Posts
I dont want to hijack your thread, so if it this is out of place, the mods can delete it.

I found some '11 yfz450 shocks that the guy says measure 18.25" from eye to eye (center to center) and have 9.5" travel. Any idea how these will work for the XX? Any idea what adjustments can be made with these shocks? It looks like the yfz only weighs 400 lbs, so its a good bit lighter than our rigs.
consider the valving and application not just bike weight... those would actually be very close, they are a bit longer then the earlier years

1 - 20 of 26 Posts