Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like title says today i went to pull my xx out of my storage building to install my new bumper and she wont start :( On first attempt i got a little backfire and then not much else afterwards... Being snorkeled she has seen some water so i am leaning towards maybe a fouled plug?? Was gettin dark and the plug bein a pain i decided to wait til tmrw to pull it. Hopefully thats it but if not any other ideas?

Side note- went ahead and bolted on the prm desert ii bumper i got and it looks great!

·
Registered
258 Posts
after it had been swimming, how did u clean/dry it? caus if u have corrosion in any of your contacts may they be plug, coil, ecu, or even your injectors it could cause dramas

·
Registered
528 Posts
or if it sat up the fuel may be bad, todays fuel with the 10% ethanol only lasts about 2 months until the ethanol starts sludging.may need to drain the tank, put fresh fuel and a bottle of seafoam in it.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Just another idea, battery dead? Lights and everything work?

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Check the ECM connector ,Under the headlights. There is no seal as such to keep water or dust out and another member had the same problem awhile back.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you guys for all the input.. The problem was indeed the spark plug. Whew..... Misserable all day at wrk worrying

·
Registered
392 Posts
Good deal.:xx:

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
is ur gas on?... or if u use gas with ethanol u prolly have water in ur tank.... i pay the extra 15c to get ethanol free gas at out local gas station so i wont run into this problem. and its better for ur engine.

·
Registered
392 Posts
is ur gas on?... or if u use gas with ethanol u prolly have water in ur tank.... i pay the extra 15c to get ethanol free gas at out local gas station so i wont run into this problem. and its better for ur engine.
He said it was the spark plug.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
opps didnt read that... also ethanol srews spark plugs perty damn quick.. my xx has the stock plug and 350 hr on it.... my recons lasted 6 yrs till i put ethanol fuel in it

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
opps didnt read that... also ethanol srews spark plugs perty damn quick.. my xx has the stock plug and 350 hr on it.... my recons lasted 6 yrs till i put ethanol fuel in it
I've never heard of Ethanol fouling plugs.

·
Registered
528 Posts
ethanol actually runs cleaner, it doesnt foul plugs, it just goes bad quicker and eats rubber hoses and linings, most 2007-newer vehicles have upgraded fuel lines, idk about atvs. it also doesnt eat steel or ceramic

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
well ik it messed up the engine on our boat here and in puerto rico...and it attrackts water like a magnit.. and it messes with carbed engines

·
Registered
734 Posts
BTW, use iridium plugs as they last longer than the resistor ones.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
well ik it messed up the engine on our boat here and in puerto rico...and it attrackts water like a magnit.. and it messes with carbed engines
Yes, it is hell on carbs! It tries to turn back into corn syrup over the winter. We are just starting to get a few gas stations back in my area that sell gas with no ethanol.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
I was told if you have un treated fuel over 45 days, to throw it out.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I was told if you have un treated fuel over 45 days, to throw it out.
I was told as little as 30 days it can go bad. Suck balls. Cost has gone was up while quality gone down along with fuel milage.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts