Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone... Finally (YES) getting my first quad today. I have done research for about a month, and I believe the 700XX is gonna be just fine. I live in the high desert in NM, and the Mountains are 45 min away. I have ridden a few in my life, but nothing above a 350... and even then I think they were all Sport Utes. I found an 09 700XX for 6,575.00 plus the usual financing BS and taxes (RAPED) and it just feels right... That is... unless any one of you think i am getting screwed, I have 3 hours to go to sign so speak up. lol I have read thru a few forums and seen very heated discussions between the Outlaw 525 and the 700XX, but I think I am making the correct choice. Looking forward to chatting with everyone, and gettn on to my first ride. I think I will look up some break-in info, so I can insure I keep this ATV in top shape for it's life with me.

Holy crap I can ramble huh...

Laterz,
Joe.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Your making the right choice on the 700XX. Thats about what I paid for mine but think I've seen them a lot cheaper. And for break in, just avoid redline for the first tank or two and should be good.

·
Registered
143 Posts
A lot of people were paying 5000.00 for the 2008 model so that might be a good price for the 09. I have not seen many prices lately on here. Good luck you will love it.

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Good choice on the 700xx rather than the 525. The 525 has the KTM motor and is not as reliable as the almost bullet proof 700xx motor. Besides, my friend has the 525 and even with the KTM motor, he can't keep pace with me.

roadkill

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lol Most of what I read between the two was on forums, and man people were a talkin all kinds of **** to each other... I got it! Lol Need ramps (Any deals out there?) I took it to a friends by the house, and used a dirt hill to get it off my lifted truck... damn near put a rock thru my damn window lol. She runs great (5-10 min worth anyways...) And I will be breaking it in nice n slow. I need a damn helmet too... Honda guy said he would gimmi 10-15% off at least. Here's to the start of yet another expensive hobby!

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
i would just get your helmet online. they say they are giving you a 15% discount but there is a 20% mark up and even then you have to settle for what they have in stock. you will be happier if you just pick the one you want out. as for the price i got an 08 for 4500.00 with ramps and tax. but the 09's might be i little higher why i dont know.

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
As was I Scuzz. We pay WAYYYYY more than you guys do here in the great white north! Haha...but I wouldn't trade 'er for anything!! Welcome Minuteman!

·
Registered
446 Posts
welcome minute, if you ever wanna come up northwest to UT just let me know =-), glad to see you on the site.

·
Registered
152 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts