Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
will 2009 yfz 450r shocks fit on the xx like the can am ds 450 shocks? they look like good shocks haveing high and low speed compreshion and rebound.

·
Registered
95 Posts
In person they look a lot shorter than the xx's shocks but I haven't taken a tape measure to them. That would be funny, at the yamaha shop guy says "sir can I help you??" I'm all like "no thanks" as I measure the shocks lol

·
Registered
734 Posts
The regular yfz450 shocks are about 16" (2009 and back). The new FI yfz45R shocks are about 18.25". You would have to modify a bit like on the DS shocks. The new 450R shocks are amazing, they hi and low compression adjustable, rebound and preload. They are comparable to aftermarket shocks like Elka.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
ds450 shocks have the same adjustmeants

·
Registered
734 Posts
Yep, however Josh Wiig said that the 450R shocks are probably the best stock shocks out there right now and that he puts them up there with Elkas.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
ohhh... to bad there a-arm are messed up

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
canadIanguY:
u have to mod the ds 450 shocks by grinding some off of the top eye and a tiny bit of the frame but nothing major and alot of people have done it.

the reason i was asking about yfz 450r shocks is because there cheaper on ebay than ds 450 shocks.
so with the yfz 450 shocks u have to do the same abount of modding as the ds 450 shocks but they will work???

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
I have seen Polaris 525 IRS front shocks fitted to a 700xx. A straight bolt on , but the springs were stockers. The Polaris front stockers are Fox .
I didn't measure them but I will and let you know. :D

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
If LTZ400 shocks bolt right up to the stock mounts then the LTR shocks will need spacers on the bottom mount and the top is a little bit wider.

The DS450 and YFZ450R front shocks are both made by KYB and are almost identical. Either set will most like work and require the same modification.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
this is a email i got about our shocks fitting different bikes dont know if it helps keep in mind this email is about fox float x evol fronts

Your current shocks will fit stock shock length Polaris Outlaw front, TRX450 & 700XX plus KFX450 front the only difference is the spacer will have to be changed in the top end eye for the Outlaw and KFX you need to move the bottom end eye spacers to the top and buy a new set for the bottom.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts