Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any encounters with a YFZ that they want to share interested to see how the two stack up.

·
Registered
118 Posts
i beat a 450 when i was stock we went from a roll i was in 2nd gear who knows what he was in but i aired him out. maybe he just couldnt ride but either way ill take the win

·
Registered
755 Posts
I raced a 2004 yfz with full GYTR exhaust, and velocity filter when i was bone stock. However the 2004 is only 239cc not 449 like 2005 and later but I still pulled away from him from the start. I also had a higher top speed even though he was running 22" rear holeshots.

·
Registered
452 Posts
i ran a bunch of suz. 450s i dont no what the diference is really but i beat all off them

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
got my ass handed to me by my buddies race yfz in the sand. it was fully stripped and built engine power to weight ratio was not in my favor at all.
dont you have both? have you raced them??

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
I have a good friend i run with who has a 2009 yfz450 and i have 3 times the power he does, but he is about 3x's faster than me through the woods. He is almost a pro rider who is super good.. even though he is like 50 lol. I'm 24 and he is in better shape than i am. so.. yes i have ran a yfz450 and smoked him, but they are alot faster through the woods.. alot more agile.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I have both but I don't trust anyone to ride them and my girl can't really ride well enough. Plus I can already say my YFZ will spank my XX it pulls hard all the way to a 70mph top speed. Not as fast in top speed but I can guarantee it will destroy the xx. I was thinking more stock vs stock

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
My xx is stock.. well spark arrester is out and his yfz has and gytr exhaust and an k&n air box cover. but his engine is pretty much stock. He let me drive his a lil bit and it lacked major power compared to the xx. Like i said pretty much stock for stock i've got 3x's the power but he is alot more agile.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I have a friend with a lightly modded YFZ I have only ridden in the sand with him but I cannot catch him. I roll past him in 5th and think I got him, only a few seconds later I get sand in my face. Damn it!

·
Registered
333 Posts
i dont get these experiences where u guys are losing to 450s... :confused: i think ive raced everything there is on a comp sand hill at sand lake and florence (both on the oregon coast, and ive only lost to 1 450 that was heavily built. banshees are a different story but with the 450s i dont struggle at all. my buddy has a trx 450 (kick start) and hes got the big 3 and a cam and his carbs been re jetted and i get him every time, i pull about 2, 2 1/2 bikes on him at the start and then stay that way for miles. we've raced up and down the beach a hundred times and it always ends the same. on the drag hill ive lost to built banshees, 700 raptors on 13 teeth and the 1 aforementioned built 450. all the losses came with me on the stock 14t and i havent been back to the hill since i put the 13t on, but im positive the results will change, because on the 14t at the hill i was only loosin by a bike length or less.

confusing :nuts:

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My YFZ has only a DASA pipe straight intake with K&N jetted and boysen 3 and I can say for sure it pulls twice as hard as my XX does in stock form.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I raced a yfz several times down a pro quad dragstrip, everytime I beat him, but only by 1 or 2 quad lengths. He said he had a "hot cam" which he claimed was his only mod. He was a lttle dude about 120lbs or so and he seemed quite impressed I beat him as I was the only one to do so all day. My xx is stock other than two bros fuel controller and exhaust.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I think weight is a huge factor when it comes to racing, especially dragging. The xx has a huge disadvantage when it comes to weight.

·
Registered
302 Posts
ive raced a can am 450 and a honda 450 and i've beaten both from start to finish. i honestly dont see how people say they have a problem beatin them. but i did race a honda crf 450 dirtbike and it spanked me outta the hole, but when i got into 3rd i was right behind it and gainin but i wound up losin. the front of my 700 was about even with the back of his front tire in the end.

·
Registered
38 Posts
i have raced plenty of stock yfz's when my xx was stock, and beat them, and it goes about the same as i mod i could beat faster ones.

the major advantage of the yfz is that it gets off the line alot quicker.

BUT i also have a 06 yfz450 with fully built race motor and suspension. and the two down even compare. the yfz beats it everytime. everywhere. drag,trail,mx. even on a top end roll down a long road the yfz won. the only thing that sucks is when trail riding the yfz dont have reverse.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
ive beaten and have goten beat by a yfz450.. same with most other quads.... but who gives a shit go ride and have fun....
if u wana drag race go buy a roller banshee and stick a bike motor in it. if u wana race on a MX or SX track.... go buy a 450......

·
Registered
49 Posts
Racing is fun, makes me feel like a bigger man.........
My cousin has a 04 yfz he has a intake, lrd full exhaust, and jetted
I was stock and he was ahead about a bike and a half he can ride
I've beaten stock for stock 450r's, ltr-450's

I do know this though they slow down a hell of a lot on whoops and rocky terrain while i sit and sip coffee...

·
Registered
302 Posts
I like drag racing for about the first 5 or 6 races then i get bored with it. i hate just goin in a straigt line, give me some trails and jumps and i can have fun all day. lol

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.