Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will they work? They seem to be the correct lengths at 18.25" The mounts don't worry that much as I can have new mounts made. Anyone have an opinion on these before I throw money at something that may not work?

·
Registered
734 Posts
The yfz450r shocks are wider at the mounts than Honda's you'll just have to grind them down some but no biggie. They are awesome shocks, some of the best stockers out there, if you have them revalved/resprung later on you will be even happier. Ithink just the top mounts have to be grinded though. You should be able to get a set of these for about $300

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
The yfz450r shocks are wider at the mounts than Honda's you'll just have to grind them down some but no biggie. They are awesome shocks, some of the best stockers out there, if you have them revalved/resprung later on you will be even happier. Ithink just the top mounts have to be grinded though. You should be able to get a set of these for about $300
the set i found is $350 shipped.

i think the bottom mount is the same. It's just the top mount that needs modified

I just want to make sure that it's not going to be lower than it is factory.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Someone PM'd me about these asking why i'd pick these over the DS shocks - can anyone else post up if they think they're better or not? I know the DS are cheaper and yellow :puke:

·
Registered
734 Posts
The DS shocks are ok but the 450R shocks are much better according to a friend that rebuilds shocks, they are as good as Elkas stage 2 but with hi/lo speed compression and rebound adjustability, they are also kashima coated with 9.8in of travel vs the 9.5in on the DS shocks.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Am I correct in that they're same length of stock shock we have?

·
Registered
734 Posts
They are 18.25in eye to eye, is that the length of the stock 700xx shocks? Just make sure they are the yfz450R ones and not the yfz450x as the x ones are 16.75in long

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Then I think it might work out nicely!