Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noticed the width was 50" Wide. My 700xx with ITP 10" wheels and RAZR2 tires is only 50.5" hmmmm.....

I can't believe they made that quad with out reverse.

Looks pretty sweet though.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Look pretty clean, I'd love to have one to play with.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Interesting.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Yeah but wheelbase means the measurement from rear axle to front tires (distance between axles) and yes the x is narrower for tight woods riding. It is also supposed to have a map more suited for woods than track. Looks like a nice machine.

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
The yfz450 has been a solid quad for years now. This year they designed one optimized for trails. I was checking them out as a possible second quad, but without a reverse?? WTF - I can see not having a reverse on the yfz450r, but on the model for the trails, still not having a reverse? I really think Yami missed the mark on that call.

roadkill

·
Registered
734 Posts
Yup, no reverse sucks for the trails, has saved my ass a couple of times.

·
Registered
253 Posts
That is why I like the KTM525XC...all that ability plus reverse.
Those things are pretty boss. The plastics are crazy looking.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
207 Posts
I saw the Yamaha dealer retreat testing em at the trails I use... I was not impressed at all... for a trail bike it has the same 3in ground clearance that just beats the hell out of the rear swing arm.

·
Registered
253 Posts
They basically re-branded the old YFZs to Xs and added 3" to the new R.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Nope, the X is the R but 4 in narrower, has a more mellow and controllable power curve. The good thing about the YFZ450R or X against the KTM is that you dont get broken foot pegs, cracked steering stems, rear brake blocking and other ridiculous problems like you do with the KTM. Don-t get me wrong I think the design, power and accessories that come with the KTM are pretty impressive but they do have a lot of problems.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts