Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey forum,

So I've been creeping this website for well over a year now, drooling over everyones XX and looking constantly for one within my price range and area. The long wait is finally over, I picked up a 08' 700xx with one hour one it, never seen the trails, only dealership pavement. The entire 5 hour drive back home, I couldn't stop looking at the mean look the 700xx was giving me in the rear view mirror. I'm waiting on my title to come in so I can get a California state sticker on it to take it riding. I took it down the street 3 times and omg, the response and power was amazing. Third gear brought the tires up with ease. And from what I hear, a few mods really bring this thing alive. To me it already seems alive and on roids lol.

I have been riding a Honda 300ex for 13 years now. My dad bought the 300ex brand new in a 93 and it has been through hell and back, and still runs/rides amazing!! The reliability on the 300ex has me sold on the reliability on Honda. My brother has a 99' 400ex and same thing, tried and true. I'm still keeping the 300ex so if any friends without quads want to go riding I don't have to go alone. After graduating college recently and getting a big boy job, it was time to move up to a big boy quad. :xx:

So I'm excited to get out, experience what the 700xx has to offer (which sounds like a sh!t ton), and be a part of this forum. It seems like everyone is willing to help each other out and has a lot of great information. I'm new to Cali so if anyone in the Santa Barbara surrounding areas are planning a trip, I'm always willing to meet new folks and new trails.

Once I get over the shock of how much $$ came out of my bank account at once, and get some miles on the bone stock 700xx, upgrades will come!

-Nick

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
Welcome Nick. I'm in SoCal (Laguna Beach) too. There is a big race at Glamis on 3/11-3/12 you should come out, there will be a lot of sick high HP bikes out.

·
Super Moderator
5,866 Posts
Congrats on the new purchase!

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
First thing I would do, remove myself from cali, then go riding. Have fun with the new ride and you already should know a lot about it already.
hahahaha the xx was born in cali, baja is where its at!:birds:

welcome to the site ride hard and dont look back(raptor guys dont like it when we stare)

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Congrats on the Purchase... looks like there are more XXs in So cal then I thought.. DL700 we are pretty much neighbors.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Congrats on the Purchase... looks like there are more XXs in So cal then I thought.. DL700 we are pretty much neighbors.
I was just out in your neck of the woods several weeks ago. Ever been to or heard of King of the Hammers race? I was there for my first time, talk about some sick Jeeps/rigs! I thought my Jeep was respectable (off-road wise) until I experienced what just the spectators brought to watch the race lol.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Welcome Nick. I'm in SoCal (Laguna Beach) too. There is a big race at Glamis on 3/11-3/12 you should come out, there will be a lot of sick high HP bikes out.
I'm actually going to be in San Diego that week and headed back north on the 11th, I might have to swing east and check it out. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Welcome to the forum. BTW - You shouldn't have to wait for the title to ride, the temp registration paperwork from the dealer works just fine... or did for me at SVRAs. I'll be down your way probably around the last weekend in July for an annual Pismo trip with about 30-40 others. Also want to plan a trip to Hungry Valley SVRA this spring.

Don't feel too bad about being in the wrong half of California... Nor-Cal is where it's at. Although, Santa Barbara area is not too bad. jk

Just take your temp registration and go ride AND take pics... lots of pics.

roadkill
San Freakshow via Long Beach

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
Roadkill ur still so-cal too! The cut off is sac!

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
I'm actually going to be in San Diego that week and headed back north on the 11th, I might have to swing east and check it out. Thanks!
If you make it out stop by and say whats up. We will be in wash #4, Ill be the only guy on a honda in the middle of a ton of raptors :eek:hno:

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Roadkill ur still so-cal too! The cut off is sac!
To that, I say: "Bite me... I got a sac for ya... nut sack, that is" :lmao:

SoCal doesn’t want San Fran either :lmao:
Aint it wonderful to feel so wanted. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside... or is that the burrito I had last night and I've got a bean fart building up inside?

roadkill

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
To that, I say: "Bite me... I got a sac for ya... nut sack, that is" :lmao:

Aint it wonderful to feel so wanted. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside... or is that the burrito I had last night and I've got a bean fart building up inside?

roadkill
:lmao: :tup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts