Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I'm sure that many of us were not planning on buying the XX when we first started looking for a new quad, or at least were looking at others as well. What other quads were you looking at? Why did you chose the XX over the others?

In my case, I was decided on a 700r for a long time before I did much looking at other quads. I was also thinking about a 450 (either Honda or Yamaha). But, I had been drooling of a 2008 raptor SE. When I started looking, I did look a little at the XX because I thought that it looked very cool, but knew nothing about it so I was still stuck on the rappy. I finally went in with the intent of purchasing a quad which was almost certain to be a raptor. So, I looked a little more and started asking questions about the XX. The IRS was probably the #1 seller to me. Sure you can't slide it around as much, but with all the riding and rough terrain that I ride in, the ground clearance is huge!! So, is being able to go over rough, rutted terrain without being thrown all over the place. I also didn't see Honda making a bad quad either, and knew that it would last. I must admit that if I would have done more research on the XX, I probably would not have bought it becaues of the reviews and what everyone was saying on forums at the time. WOW!! what a relief that I did not do that! In conclusion, I think that I made the right decision:yay:, but I'm sure I wouldn't be disappointed with either quad.

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
I was torn between the Raptor, the XX and the Outlaw. Then the Raptor was off the table completely after my last ride on my 03' Rappy. Then I ALMOST bought the Outlaw because of the bad press the XX got at first. Then I considered the Raptor 700 again. Since I had already put my deposit on the XX, I decided to stick with my gut and roll with my initial decision. I haven't regretted it once!

·
Registered
537 Posts
I went straight for the xx. I knew that if Dirt Wheels said it was a bad ATV and didn't do good in anything they tested, it really must be good. They gotta pull sales away from Honda one way or another. After all, they are on Yamaha's pay roll.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I had looked at the 700xx, but I was leaning in the direction of a Honda 450r or a kfx450. While I was still looking for the best deal, I was riding my friends 400ex and he was riding his kfx450. We went through some muddy, rutted trails and he hit a hidden rock that broke the skid plate, popped the chain and damaged the rear break. My decision was made for me at that point......7OOXX!!!

·
Registered
108 Posts
i was on a budget and was looking for a 400 straight axle with reverse. i went to the honda dealer in february because they had a kawasaki 400 and a few 450rs, and i ended up grabbing my 700 after someone traded it in for $5500 canadian OTD. i still want a straight axle for the track though

·
Registered
61 Posts
i went in 4 a trx 450r i hadnt ridden since i was 19 and i didnt even know anthing about the 700xx but i liked it was only 400bux more lol. i love riding my 700xx more than any single axle quad out there especialy after riding my honeys kfx 450r while i had to take a dump... i tell u man i felt violated

·
Registered
551 Posts
:hey:Well i had a 06' raptor then a 07' grizzly, then they annocened the xx and i was sold before i saw it! lol THE BEST QUAD EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:yay::D Wont go back to sra for nothing!:birds:

·
Registered
253 Posts
I've been drooling over the 450R since their release. Parents couldn't afford one at the time so I got my 400EX. Four years and a lot of growing later, I decided it's time for a new bike. I enitally looked at the Raptor and KFX700 (haha). I really liked the EFI on the Raptor and have riddin my friends YFZ before and like it a lot, but I was born and raised Honda and just couldn't see myself buying anything else. That's when I started researching the XX. The IRS and 10"+ ground clearance pretty much sold me. My dad's '85 350X that runs just as good now as it did back on day one has influecded my decision too. I know the quality of a Honda, and it's pretty hard to dispute that. So, eventually I will get my XX. But as a college kid, it's not so easy going and throwing a few thousand down on something. I am hoping within the month, though.

Also, I'm thinking about selling my 400EX sometime down the road and getting a 450R, maybe.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I had a 08' 700r and loved it with the big 3 mods.
Traded on a 09' renegade 800r which i put 260 miles and hated the heavy feel and terrible front shocks, but it had awsome power.:hey:
I now sold the gade and bought a xx, we'll see soon if it is as good on the trails as the 700r was.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
I started the day just going out in Dallas trying to find a red KFX450r. Wanted to see what they looked like in person. Happened to be at a Kawasaki/Honda dealer and started looking at a Honda 450R instead. The local shop by me had the black with blue/purple flames edition and i really liked how it looked so I tried to make a deal on it, but I just didn't want to spend $7500 on it. They had a "demo" 700xx and I started looking at it and really started liking it. They also had a new one off the showroom pedestal so I asked what the price difference was which was a measly $500 and 2 hours later I got home.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was also looking at the blue/purple flamed 450r when I bought my 700. They had it for 6200 and I probably could have talked them down some from there, but the XX just made more sense for the type of riding that I do.

·
Registered
984 Posts
I was origanally looking at the Raptor 700, but looking at our budget I was willing to sacrifice a little and go for a Z400. Then my wife surprised me with the XX for my 40th Birthday. Glad she did, I had seen the XX but hadn't really formed an opinion on it as it was still so new.

·
Registered
131 Posts
i was looking at a honda 450 but found out it didnt have reverse and the sales man said for trails to go with the 400 of the 700 and i live by the motto of go big or go home

·
Registered
187 Posts
I was planning on a Raptor 700 but then I stopped in at Honda just to check out the inventory. When I caught a look at the xx I was pretty much sold. After doing some research I went to pick it up. All smiles since

1 - 15 of 15 Posts