1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like the kit but I'd go full exhaust or stay home. You could get this one on the make offer price option probably $450.00 or so, just guessing. Cause I got the performance series from him for $390.00 took like 2 weeks to get all HMF's are made to order.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HMF-Competition-Full-Exhaust-Pipe-TRX700-TRX-700-700XX-/180831877819?pt=Motors_ATV_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a1a6b7abb&vxp=mtr

Spend a couple hundred more for controller and be done with it.
what controller do you think would be best ?

·
Registered
96 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well with the hmf full exhaust and EHS controller how much power am i really looking at... can you really tell it ? ive had hmf on utility and really couldnt tell anything except noise.. thanks for all the help.. just wanta make the right choice for the money spent

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Which one seems to do better performance wise? I really don't mind the exhaust being louder. I actually run my bike with stock exhaust and the baffles out right now.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Cheeks, the 2 bikes you saw at the top of Sand Mountain @ little sahara in UT the red one (mine) had the HMF pipe, my buddy's the grey and black had the Barkers, if I could do it all again I would buy the barkers pipe > the HMF, Just my .02

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Cheeks, the 2 bikes you saw at the top of Sand Mountain @ little sahara in UT the red one (mine) had the HMF pipe, my buddy's the grey and black had the Barkers, if I could do it all again I would buy the barkers pipe > the HMF, Just my .02
any reason you like the barkers better ? by chance do you have the competition pipe ?

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
ok im looking into exhaust,,, i know everyone ask... but this is what im thinking.. all thoughts please... im just looking to have a nice sound,, also i like the fact that i can quiet it down if i want ride around the house..
thanks..
I think from your original post the Competition series will fit you best. Below is a paste from the web site.

Competition Series: The new HMF Competition Series exhaust was designed and tested for Sport ATVs and Dirtbikes. The Trimax Core technology features 3 levels of power and sound, allowing you to dictate the type of power and sound you need, when you need it. Included with every exhaust are 3 removable inserts, each of which effect the sound and power in different ways, giving the rider complete control.
Stage 1 uses an insert that restricts sound levels extensively yet produces industry leading power at that dB level.
Stage 2 uses a different sound altering insert that partially lowers sound levels without losing much horse power.
Stage 3 acts as an unrestricted core producing high dB levels with industry leading power throughout the RPM range.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well i talked to ehs... what a good guy to talk to.. looks like the big 3 is the way im going to go.. seems like thats what everyone on here likes... also looked up the dB's on the hmf with the mid core in it.. looks to be the same as a barkers with S/C...
just alil worried about everyone saying its laud////

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
HMF is a good quality exhaust, I would also get the power commander. Sparks is also a great exhaust and its easier to repack than the barkers.

·
Registered
446 Posts
any reason you like the barkers better ? by chance do you have the competition pipe ?
I have the HMF Performance series pipe, the reason I like the barker's better is because it has a larger diameter head pipe and Eric at EHS has been super helpful with all of the questions I've had for him about his programmer and everything else. I like to support people who provide excellent service and have great products.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts