What would it be worth ?? - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 Old 12-27-2010, 04:01 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What would it be worth ??

I have a 2008 Red/Black 700xx...Here is what I have done to it..
Barkers Exhaust System
EHS computer
EHS air lid
Pro Armor front bumper
Pro Armor Nerf Bars
Acerbis Hand guards
Vapor Trail Computer
Gripper Seat
24in Kenda Bear Claws
23in Kenda Bear Claws - Brand new
Factory Rear tires have maybe 20 miles on them
Odi Lock on Grips
Red Tusk Aluminum gas cap
All factory exhaust, heel guards

I have seen them on Craigs list go for 4500.00 but they were all stock. I have put 2k worth of parts on it..would it be worth 6500.00 ?? It is in great shape, no scratches, never been mudding. It has had the 20 hour service done and oil change. I have maybe 40 hours on the 700xx...I may need to sell it here in a month or so if I don't find a job. I was offered 7k for it back a few months ago but I had a job then, now the guy went out and bought him a Brute Force..Should have sold it then, now it is just sitting there in the garage.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 12-27-2010, 06:29 PM

dang for 7k i would have sold it on the spot!... they're not worth a whole lot... you can probably get away with just about 4000-4500... anything over that, i would rather go and buy myself a new one from a dealer... just my opinion
post #3 of 18 Old 12-27-2010, 08:30 PM

part out your aftermarket then sell it stock...you'll get more money

post #4 of 18 Old 12-27-2010, 09:15 PM

Dealers are not selling them for $5000 any more. Their price is back up to $8500 stock. I am sure you could make money or break even on it with out taking it apart. It also depends on how bad you want to get rid of it.

2008 Black & Red TRX 700XX
- L8ton Sway Bar, DG 6 Pack Rack, PRM Side Bars
- Pro Armor Bumper, Kenda Kutter Tires, UNI Filter
post #5 of 18 Old 12-27-2010, 09:30 PM

just saw an 08 that was 3750 out the door at a dealer last week!... if i had the money, i would have been all over it!
post #6 of 18 Old 12-27-2010, 09:43 PM

Agreed. The best thing to do is pull your aftermarket stuff and sell it as stock. The exhaust and programer should get u a few hundred. Aftermarket parts don't boost the resale price

Port and Polishing w/ +1 Valves by Illinois Powersports
11:1 CP 715cc Big Bore Piston
290 Web Cam
+3 Throttle Body
PCV Tuned by Illinois Powersports
61.52 HP 48.24 TQ

Special Thanks To
Illinois Powersports
630-365-6722

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 18 Old 12-27-2010, 09:48 PM

Send a message via AIM to crwh45
I would say try to sell your aftermarket stuff as well.

2008 700xx; Power Bomb header with power core 4 exhaust, Power Programmer III, pro armor nerfs, prm products control front and rear bumpers and full skid, 10" ITP rears, ITP Baja's fronts, RZR 2's all the way around, Uni filter, 13t sprocket, CCP steering Damper, DS450 shock swap, Dual Gasser Throttle, bar risers and Moose barkBusters. 730XX kit plus other engine mods!
post #8 of 18 Old 12-27-2010, 09:50 PM

Have to agree. Aftermarket parts really don't boost the value at all. You'll be better off to part them out and sell it stock. Everyone loves the barkers, i'm sure you will have no problem selling it for the right price, hell i'd buy it if i had the cash but with the holidays and all kinda broke. anyways good luck
post #9 of 18 Old 12-28-2010, 07:59 AM

Let us know how you make out glock17tj. Also, how long it took you to take the extra's off and put the stock items back on.

2008 Black & Red TRX 700XX
- L8ton Sway Bar, DG 6 Pack Rack, PRM Side Bars
- Pro Armor Bumper, Kenda Kutter Tires, UNI Filter
post #10 of 18 Old 12-29-2010, 09:07 PM Thread Starter

If I had to sell it and take off the parts, I would take off the exhaust and programmer..it would take 30 min. I would leave all the stuff on...I did change the sproket to a 13t, I have a 12t and 14t..I have an extra red factory seat cover. I may take the grips off and put them on my Honda Foreman 450es, that is my hunting 4 wheeler. Other than that I would jsut sell it as it...I really don't want to sell it but if times get hard here in the next month or so I will have to sell it.....I was thinking 5500.00 for all, I mean all factory parts, 3 sets of rear tires, extra sprokets and Vapor trail computer...it only has around 40hrs on it. Just did not get to ride it much and with me being laid off from work does not help.

I am not going to take off the nerf bars, they were a pain to get on and I am sure they would be a pain to get off. Plus I think I lost a few of the factory bolts for the heel guards..Ooppss. I bought this 4 wheeler and had it set up in a few weeks with all I have listed on it. I rode it 2 times down the road and back..about 2 miles maybe. Then I put the exhaust and programmer on it and nerf bars. I rode it up the mountain and back 4 miles carried it home and changed the seat and sproket( it was dry so no mud on it...) I put the grips and trail computer on it at 20 hours, did the full service, check valves, changed oil...made sure all was still good. My Dad is a BMW Motorcycle Mechanic so I know it was all was done good and on point. He put the computer on and made sure it was wired up correctly. The bike has seen mud one time and I washed it as soon as I got home and then washed it again the next day in the sunlight to make sure it was clean. Then I wiped all the plastic down with plastic cleaner, even cleaned the tires with tire cleaner, then put up in the garage. I am kinda anal about my stuff being clean. I am try to alway spray all the dirt off when I get home from riding, which usually is at night. The next day in the sunlight I wash it with Hot soapy water and use a brush to clean all under neath. So it looks brand new when I get done..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode