700xxx on st louis craigslist - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 02-23-2011, 04:53 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
700xxx on st louis craigslist

Just wanted to say there is a 700xx on cl in st louis for 2100. I will try to post link if anyone is ineterested.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MY RIDES

Amish washing the buggy^^^^
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 02-23-2011, 05:09 PM

Wow that is a great find traitor If nothing is wrong with it, that is an amazing deal for some one.

Here's the link to it
http://stlouis.craigslist.org/mcd/2230320677.html

HDD BUILT...EVERYONE ELSE IS RACING FOR SECOND
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

08 Black/Red XX - Sparks big core exhaust, FCI custom intake with K&N, Webb 290 cam, White Knuckle 727cc big bore, CP 13:1 piston, Cuervo Racing +2 head, 48mm Lectron carb, MSD ignition, MSD coil 68HP/53TQ FOR SALE

(DL700)
Jody (Boost Addict)
post #3 of 13 Old 02-23-2011, 08:03 PM

Says it has been flagged for removal. Must be a scam?

post #4 of 13 Old 02-23-2011, 08:04 PM

Or a soon to be ex-wife........

KASH 2011
post #5 of 13 Old 02-24-2011, 09:37 AM

Almost every one of the crazy deals I've found on CL is a scam. The easiest way to figure it out is with a google search. As in, search google for EXACTLY what they put in the title of the ad, and you'll often find the same listing pop up on CL across the country. Then, if you email them, they say "the machine is 5 hours away from me, so I want to ship it. We use eBay buyer protection, so you're completely covered if you don't want the machine or if there's any problem."

I have no idea what eBay buyer protection is or if it even exists, but I doubt they would offer it to a non-eBay transaction. Anyway, I doubt anyone hear would be naive enough to send money eBay style to a CL seller, but that's how the scam works.

Tom

08 700XX (Gray, L8ton Racing Stealth Bumper, 13 tooth, 21" Razr2 fronts, stock rears, Precision Pro stabilizer, Fox Evols and Podium Xs, Teixeira Tech stock-length upper A-arms, Teixeira Tech stem, L8ton Racing 9/16ths sway bar, ProTaper Contour bar, Shock & Vibe clamps, EHS lid & programmer, HID headlights)

08 Outlander 800
08 Yamaha Big Bear 400 4x4
post #6 of 13 Old 02-24-2011, 05:18 PM

I emailed this guy, or gal, and this is the response that I got. I'm thinking something fishy...?

Hello,
Sorry it has taken so long to get back in touch with you.
First of all let me say that the Honda TRX700XX is in excellent condition, it has never been crashed or rolled. I don't want to get rich by it's selling, just want to give it to someone who will take good care of it. I'm an US Air Force MSgt. currently stationed in Little Rock Air Force Base, AR and the quad is here with me, I can have it shipped from here by an US Air Force cargo plane so there won't be any shipping costs for you. Also I can arrange for a truck to transport it to your home address or you can pick it up from the nearest airport in your area. The shipping takes around 48 hours, depending on your location. If you are interested in purchasing the quad contact me back so I can provide you with more information. The quad has 23 miles, year 2008, Manual Transmission, 700 cc Engine, 2-Wheel drive

MSgt. Claire Strauss

PS. Sorry for the long email I've tried to touch all bases
post #7 of 13 Old 02-25-2011, 12:43 AM

Yep thats the scam or they say they are over seas.

Port and Polishing w/ +1 Valves by Illinois Powersports
11:1 CP 715cc Big Bore Piston
290 Web Cam
+3 Throttle Body
PCV Tuned by Illinois Powersports
61.52 HP 48.24 TQ

Special Thanks To
Illinois Powersports
630-365-6722

post #8 of 13 Old 02-25-2011, 06:06 AM

I got the EXACT same responce but over a KTM 525exc! The exact one word for word!! Typical Nigerian scam. I asked him how many hours on the muffler bearings, when the last time the blinker fluid was changed and the how many cycles the number plates have been through! He answered my questions then wanted payment through western union. His quad had 17 hours on the muffler bearings, the blinker fluis was changed last week and the number plates had only been through 6 cycles! What a great deal!
post #9 of 13 Old 02-25-2011, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japandrz View Post
I got the EXACT same responce but over a KTM 525exc! The exact one word for word!! Typical Nigerian scam. I asked him how many hours on the muffler bearings, when the last time the blinker fluid was changed and the how many cycles the number plates have been through! He answered my questions then wanted payment through western union. His quad had 17 hours on the muffler bearings, the blinker fluis was changed last week and the number plates had only been through 6 cycles! What a great deal!

Seriously? That's good stuff.

Tom

08 700XX (Gray, L8ton Racing Stealth Bumper, 13 tooth, 21" Razr2 fronts, stock rears, Precision Pro stabilizer, Fox Evols and Podium Xs, Teixeira Tech stock-length upper A-arms, Teixeira Tech stem, L8ton Racing 9/16ths sway bar, ProTaper Contour bar, Shock & Vibe clamps, EHS lid & programmer, HID headlights)

08 Outlander 800
08 Yamaha Big Bear 400 4x4
post #10 of 13 Old 02-25-2011, 03:20 PM

Very serious!, I love messing with them, I created a Gmail account for the purpose of baiting them along. Its good for a laugh. They dont know anything about bikes so you can pretty much ask them any stupid question you want. They'll say anything to get your money. I report the latest happenings to my buddies and we all get a good laugh.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode