Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum

Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum (https://www.club700xx.com/vb/)
-   ATV Parts for Sale (https://www.club700xx.com/vb/11-atv-parts-sale/)
-   -   parting out/ selling everything that makes a 700xx run (https://www.club700xx.com/vb/11-atv-parts-sale/33938-parting-out-selling-everything-makes-700xx-run.html)

taylorpratt90 01-15-2019 03:54 PM

parting out/ selling everything that makes a 700xx run

i have a trx700xx that i'm going to do an engine swap to a cbr 1000 so i'm willing to sell pretty much everything from the engine to starting system, controls, stock exhaust, (everything electric and engine related) aside from head lights and tail light, the cylinder has a visible crack, i'm not sure the extent of the damage past that. i'll also sell the radiator and hoses if someone wants them. please shoot me an offer and your zip and i'll figure out shipping costs. lets make a deal. i can post pics or send pics of anything requested

M_Quick 01-15-2019 04:06 PM

where are you located?

Kubi07 01-17-2019 11:14 AM

Hmm, I'm interested in the cbr swap. Please do a build log if you can. My motors blown too and this would be an interesting way to go about it.

Gear Head 01-23-2019 06:13 PM

How close would your complete engine package be to fit into a 400EX? Thanks Jeff

2strokeJonny 02-09-2019 09:53 PM

How much would you sell the complete engine with electrical, exhaust and whatever else your not using? My zip is 98750

cataway 02-10-2019 06:56 AM

just wondering how you are addressing the rear drive unit

taylorpratt90 02-11-2019 03:27 PM

hey everyone i want to apoligize, i don't use forums often and i guess i didn't set up notifications for this thread, i just assumed because i created it that i would get notifications of comments.

M_quick i'm in peoria az

Kubi07 i will absolutely do a build thread, i'm currently doing a SBC350 swap into a 90 amigo, once that's finished up i'll be on the hunt for the donor CBR, plan is to pick up a wrecked 17 or newer to get the bump in power, planning to have a custom thumb throttle assembly machined if i can't figure out a clean way to move the drive-by-wire throttle from a twist grip to the thumb throttle but i have a few ideas.

Gear Head how close would it be to complete it? hard to say depends on how much you want to rebuild or replace, no clue on mods you might need to make to make it fit, the 700 has an interesting center output sprocket because of the irs and that setup

2strokeJonny i'll look into shipping soon, i'll need to get the motor pulled out so i can weigh it to get an idea on shipping, i'm thinking $500 +shipping, are you in malaysia?

cataway planning to make an offset shaft and run two chains unfortunately, otherwise the engine would need to sit sticking half way out the right side of the bike, also considering running a small irs diff with a out put shaft yoke with a short drive shaft. might be the best way for when we go up in power

cataway 02-11-2019 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by taylorpratt90 (Post 243524)
hey everyone i want to apoligize, i don't use forums often and i guess i didn't set up notifications for this thread, i just assumed because i created it that i would get notifications of comments.

M_quick i'm in peoria az

Kubi07 i will absolutely do a build thread, i'm currently doing a SBC350 swap into a 90 amigo, once that's finished up i'll be on the hunt for the donor CBR, plan is to pick up a wrecked 17 or newer to get the bump in power, planning to have a custom thumb throttle assembly machined if i can't figure out a clean way to move the drive-by-wire throttle from a twist grip to the thumb throttle but i have a few ideas.

Gear Head how close would it be to complete it? hard to say depends on how much you want to rebuild or replace, no clue on mods you might need to make to make it fit, the 700 has an interesting center output sprocket because of the irs and that setup

2strokeJonny i'll look into shipping soon, i'll need to get the motor pulled out so i can weigh it to get an idea on shipping, i'm thinking $500 +shipping, are you in malaysia?

cataway planning to make an offset shaft and run two chains unfortunately, otherwise the engine would need to sit sticking half way out the right side of the bike, also considering running a small irs diff with a out put shaft yoke with a short drive shaft. might be the best way for when we go up in power

ya I have been thinking about this after reading what you had said .its why I asked . there will be a need for a set of pillow blocks with a sizeable shaft .

taylorpratt90 02-12-2019 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cataway (Post 243528)
ya I have been thinking about this after reading what you had said .its why I asked . there will be a need for a set of pillow blocks with a sizeable shaft .

thats the plan, a buddy of mine did something similar when he put a triple 900 in a quadzilla years ago, on the other hand, i talked to a guy that was selling an r1 engine he was racing in a midget car that had had a u-joint adapter on the output of the engine to a driveshaft to a diff in the back so finding a small carrier and putting an lsd or spool in it might work very well for the power, only bummer is putting the exhaust toward your left leg, the trx tries to light your leg on fire enough as it is, i'm going to need to wrap the header and make a heat shield for this monster to keep my leg from being BBQ'd

taylorpratt90 02-12-2019 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gear Head (Post 243284)
How close would your complete engine package be to fit into a 400EX? Thanks Jeff

i'm not sure how to answer you're question, can you elaborate please