parting out/ selling everything that makes a 700xx run - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 01-15-2019, 03:54 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
parting out/ selling everything that makes a 700xx run

i have a trx700xx that i'm going to do an engine swap to a cbr 1000 so i'm willing to sell pretty much everything from the engine to starting system, controls, stock exhaust, (everything electric and engine related) aside from head lights and tail light, the cylinder has a visible crack, i'm not sure the extent of the damage past that. i'll also sell the radiator and hoses if someone wants them. please shoot me an offer and your zip and i'll figure out shipping costs. lets make a deal. i can post pics or send pics of anything requested
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 01-15-2019, 04:06 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 224 Post(s)
Garage
Question

where are you located?

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 13 Old 01-17-2019, 11:14 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Hmm, I'm interested in the cbr swap. Please do a build log if you can. My motors blown too and this would be an interesting way to go about it.

post #4 of 13 Old 01-23-2019, 06:13 PM

How close would your complete engine package be to fit into a 400EX? Thanks Jeff
post #5 of 13 Old 02-09-2019, 09:53 PM

How much would you sell the complete engine with electrical, exhaust and whatever else your not using? My zip is 98750
post #6 of 13 Old 02-10-2019, 06:56 AM

Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Garage
just wondering how you are addressing the rear drive unit

751 ,barker pipe,290 Web cam,+3 stroker,TB bored to 46.8 and moved back from head 1 inch,+3 big bore , +1 intake valves, Hard Welded Rockers,KW springs, ported, clutch mod , air box removed ,Cat oil mod, dynojet commander V w/auto tune , lowered rear end , TRX450R front shocks ,
post #7 of 13 Old 02-11-2019, 03:27 PM Thread Starter

hey everyone i want to apoligize, i don't use forums often and i guess i didn't set up notifications for this thread, i just assumed because i created it that i would get notifications of comments.

M_quick i'm in peoria az

Kubi07 i will absolutely do a build thread, i'm currently doing a SBC350 swap into a 90 amigo, once that's finished up i'll be on the hunt for the donor CBR, plan is to pick up a wrecked 17 or newer to get the bump in power, planning to have a custom thumb throttle assembly machined if i can't figure out a clean way to move the drive-by-wire throttle from a twist grip to the thumb throttle but i have a few ideas.

Gear Head how close would it be to complete it? hard to say depends on how much you want to rebuild or replace, no clue on mods you might need to make to make it fit, the 700 has an interesting center output sprocket because of the irs and that setup

2strokeJonny i'll look into shipping soon, i'll need to get the motor pulled out so i can weigh it to get an idea on shipping, i'm thinking $500 +shipping, are you in malaysia?

cataway planning to make an offset shaft and run two chains unfortunately, otherwise the engine would need to sit sticking half way out the right side of the bike, also considering running a small irs diff with a out put shaft yoke with a short drive shaft. might be the best way for when we go up in power

Last edited by taylorpratt90; 02-11-2019 at 03:39 PM.
post #8 of 13 Old 02-11-2019, 08:48 PM

Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorpratt90 View Post
hey everyone i want to apoligize, i don't use forums often and i guess i didn't set up notifications for this thread, i just assumed because i created it that i would get notifications of comments.

M_quick i'm in peoria az

Kubi07 i will absolutely do a build thread, i'm currently doing a SBC350 swap into a 90 amigo, once that's finished up i'll be on the hunt for the donor CBR, plan is to pick up a wrecked 17 or newer to get the bump in power, planning to have a custom thumb throttle assembly machined if i can't figure out a clean way to move the drive-by-wire throttle from a twist grip to the thumb throttle but i have a few ideas.

Gear Head how close would it be to complete it? hard to say depends on how much you want to rebuild or replace, no clue on mods you might need to make to make it fit, the 700 has an interesting center output sprocket because of the irs and that setup

2strokeJonny i'll look into shipping soon, i'll need to get the motor pulled out so i can weigh it to get an idea on shipping, i'm thinking $500 +shipping, are you in malaysia?

cataway planning to make an offset shaft and run two chains unfortunately, otherwise the engine would need to sit sticking half way out the right side of the bike, also considering running a small irs diff with a out put shaft yoke with a short drive shaft. might be the best way for when we go up in power
ya I have been thinking about this after reading what you had said .its why I asked . there will be a need for a set of pillow blocks with a sizeable shaft .

751 ,barker pipe,290 Web cam,+3 stroker,TB bored to 46.8 and moved back from head 1 inch,+3 big bore , +1 intake valves, Hard Welded Rockers,KW springs, ported, clutch mod , air box removed ,Cat oil mod, dynojet commander V w/auto tune , lowered rear end , TRX450R front shocks ,
post #9 of 13 Old 02-12-2019, 09:56 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataway View Post
ya I have been thinking about this after reading what you had said .its why I asked . there will be a need for a set of pillow blocks with a sizeable shaft .
thats the plan, a buddy of mine did something similar when he put a triple 900 in a quadzilla years ago, on the other hand, i talked to a guy that was selling an r1 engine he was racing in a midget car that had had a u-joint adapter on the output of the engine to a driveshaft to a diff in the back so finding a small carrier and putting an lsd or spool in it might work very well for the power, only bummer is putting the exhaust toward your left leg, the trx tries to light your leg on fire enough as it is, i'm going to need to wrap the header and make a heat shield for this monster to keep my leg from being BBQ'd
post #10 of 13 Old 02-12-2019, 09:57 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gear Head View Post
How close would your complete engine package be to fit into a 400EX? Thanks Jeff
i'm not sure how to answer you're question, can you elaborate please
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in