User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 10-06-2011, 01:02 AM Thread Starter
ein

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
stock front or rear shocks

I am working on a project and need some shocks. Its an old 4wheeler i have cut in half lengthwise and stretched 40inches then i cut the front half in two and widened it another 6 inches. Now after building a new frame and adding so much metal the wimpy shocks can't handle the weight. I just need something i can turn up the preload on so that its not so tipy.

I have the stock front shocks from my 700 i am going to put on the front, but need to find something for the rear. Anything cheap is the goal! So let me know if you have some stock shocks laying around and realize they are mostly worthless... looking to spend very little!

Pics of project: (yes i used a bunch of my dads old rzr parts... hey, free is free!) Just building it for fun... drive around farm and maybe haul firewood. I'm not going to try and race or trail ride it or anything...

23" GBC XC Master tires up front
ITP T-9 rims rear GBX X-REX 22-11-10 rear
Douglas red label rear rims with 25" swamp lite tires
8000k Hid lights, 13/14/15tooth sprokets
Removed reverse rev limiter
Ds450 shock swap
EHS fuel programmer
Big Gun EVO R slip on
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 10-14-2011, 01:58 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
I still have my crappy stock front and rear shocks. I switched to Elka.
Front or rear pair $35.00 plus shipping... UPS Ground (cheapest) Don't know shipping cost from San Francisco because I don't have a ready to ship (boxed) weight to calculate from. Also don't know if I have mounting hardware.

roadkill

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
"You lock the door and throw away the key. There's someone in my head, but it's not me."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
R. Waters
x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

post #3 of 3 Old 10-16-2011, 07:51 PM Thread Starter
ein

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
35 + shipping for rear?? Hell ya! I'm almost ready to road test the rig, then i will know for sure what kind of upgrade i will need on the springs. I'll get back with you in the next couple of weeks once i know. I am hopeing that better springs with preload turned up will work, but if its REALLY bad i might try to get a set of small leaf springs out of a junkyard. As far as mounting, that is the easy part.

23" GBC XC Master tires up front
ITP T-9 rims rear GBX X-REX 22-11-10 rear
Douglas red label rear rims with 25" swamp lite tires
8000k Hid lights, 13/14/15tooth sprokets
Removed reverse rev limiter
Ds450 shock swap
EHS fuel programmer
Big Gun EVO R slip on
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode