LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 10-12-2008, 02:57 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to trailin'me
Precision Racing Dampener

http://www.precision-rp.com/

First off ... this little item is worth its weight in gold....

it has a footprint about the width of a coffee cup ... and bolts on to the 2 cross bars on both sides of the steering stem by a real clamping mechanism.

To install it on the trx700xx ... the brake lines must be re-routed. If you are putting this thing on your quad ... im sure you already are doing the steel line thing ... so its no big deal.

The rectifier located on the very front of this area also needs to be turned around ... very simple ..3 minutes.

The first thing youll notice after installing this on your stem is this ... its black... its round ..and there are 2 screws ..one in the front and one in the back ...which are the adjustments for side steering and straight.

it doesnt take many notches to really notice the difference ...if you wanna go straight like a rocket ..you can make it damn near impossible to turn the handlebars ... or you can set it to let off after your tires are turned past a certain point (most people are not hauling ass and turning the tires at extreme angles so you dont need dampening ..but if you have it adjusted for straight lines ... your handlebars will want to straighten up at all times)... which is very very good indeed if you plow into some deep ruts, sticky mud, roots, water ...or pretty much anything that would normally jolt your handlebars to one side or the other... sometimes throwing you off the bike... jamming your wrists ..or even popping your ass in the side which really sux.

I really dont know how to explain the importance of all the above other than get one ... you will not be disappointed. You will want to ask for gary if possible.... real straight up guy on the phone ..and will take the time to explain anything/everything you may ask about steering ..or atv's in general.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 10-15-2008, 11:07 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Another great review, thanks for sharing!
post #3 of 4 Old 10-19-2008, 04:14 PM

Nice review brother I agree 100% it changes your riding ability and longevity. How much did you end up paying?

post #4 of 4 Old 10-20-2008, 01:30 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via Yahoo to trailin'me
i have 3 ... 400 each i think
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode