User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 12-17-2014, 12:43 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Garage
STI ProLite Rims and STI Tires

Kind of a double whammy review of STI's Pro Lite Rims and STI's Black Diamond tires.

First off the STI ProLite rims.

We all know the stock rims of the XX are about as soft as Malibu beach sand so just about any brand has got to be better than stock. The rims fitted great and look nice and shiny too. I used to work at a plant making rims and these are very, very well done. The welding bead looked perfect on each of the rims (split rim weld) and the dimensions across and width were perfect when I measured them.

Its been a few months and I have to say I'm very pleased with how the rims are holding up, no issues here and they still look new.

As for the Black Diamond ATR tires.

I will be buying more of these when the time comes. I am really happy with these tires. Not only are they DOT approved but the way they handle everything I've thrown at them. Asphalt, rocks, trees and the occasional leisurely forest maintenance trail. The highway doesn't tear them up as much as I feared, and they handle snow like a dream. The 3/4" lugs clean very well (ideally spaced) and the 6ply radial just keeps taking the pokes and punches the rocks here in the Black Hills are giving them. I have yet to fix a puncture. I have about 1400 miles on them and the lugs measured over 1/2" depth. These have had a lot of road use. Off road these tires would last much longer but even then these are lasting far longer than I thought they would.

Pro's:

DOT approved
6 ply radials
Aggressive pattern that's great year around
and they weren't too terribly expensive at all

Con's:

The only thing I can think of as a con is that the BD tires won't fit the 11" stock rim. But after switching I really don't think that is a bad thing at all.

For some reason I can't upload some photo's so I'll grab one from STI with the TRX sporting these very rims and tires.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 12-17-2014, 03:50 PM

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
I can't seem to find the rims...what size rims/tires did you get and where did you get them?
post #3 of 4 Old 12-17-2014, 06:01 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Garage
I got the tires from Rocky Mountain ATV, free shipping and it only took 3 days!

23x8-10 for the front (I bought the 22x8-10 by accident but they look/feel great) btw, they don't carry a 23x7-10.

22x11-10 for the rear

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p...ire?term=black diamond sti

and the rims

10x5

http://www.atvutvtires.com/sti-pro-l...10x5-polished/

10x7

http://www.atvutvtires.com/sti-pro-l...10x7-polished/

post #4 of 4 Old 12-17-2014, 08:12 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Thats my wifes 700xx I know the owner he's from my home town in iowa been tryin to get us all deals on wheels an tires but not yet.That was in utah.I will try some more.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode