User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 156 Old 01-22-2010, 09:15 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to smo0oth1
Exhaust Review Thread

Hey guys, I figured with all the different exhaust and questions out there for the XX we could start a "technical" exhaust review. If possible everyone with a different exhaust post up and help out . Each thread can consist with pics of the system, welds, flanges tips and etc. Include a brief description of fitment issues , quility and available options (spark arrestor etc). If possible please keep the thread informational and of exhaust you currently have.

I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 156 Old 01-22-2010, 09:46 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via Yahoo to smo0oth1
FMF PowerBomb Header & PowerCore4 Slip-on

Here's an overall pic of the system. I personally installed the bung that was supplied with my PCV, FMF does no offer this as an option. The system does include a bushing to use the slip-on with stock header.

The next three are pics of the welds, They are all uniform and clean.

Stock header 1 3/8"

PowerBomb Header 1 7/8"

Picture with bushing installed to use slipon with a stock header

System installed

Overview:

Fitment was spot with no modifications needed. All hardware is supplied and the only thing you will need is black RTV. I've owned both the Q4 and PowerCore4, The Q4 is noticablely quieter, The PowerCore4 is a bit louder but totally manageable. Both have removeable spark arrestor's. I never removed mine as I do not like loud exhaust. I've but over 60 hrs of ride time on my PowerCore with my built motor and have not had any issues. The design of the slip-on is a plus also because the mid pipe is a full 2" compared to the stock 1 3/8" some others use.

I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.

Last edited by smo0oth1; 05-02-2010 at 05:04 PM.
post #3 of 156 Old 01-22-2010, 10:40 PM

great idea... ive been dying for pictures of the HMF system installed (especially the black color). and if there are any sound clips besides the single one on youtube.

post #4 of 156 Old 01-23-2010, 12:52 AM

Dmc Afterburner Fullsystem

light weight durable stylish
mild overall power increase high torque increase
bit if a tight fit instralling minor tweaking
VERY LOUD 104DB+

ENGINE:(57.87HP-LTP DYNO)12:1CP,STAGE 3 HOT CAM, PORT/POLISHED HEAD,HDD +3 TB, DMC AFTERBURNER FULL EXHAUST,PCV,MODQUAD K&N FILTER/MODIFIED AIR BOX,13T
SUSPENSION:ELKA STAGE 3 REAR STAGE 3 FRONT/HOUSER ARMS,L8TON SWAY BAR
ITP T-9 PROSERIES SKAT~TRACK EXTREAM HAULERS/MOHAWKS,RAZR/RAZR 2
ARMOR:PRO ARMOR FAT PEG NERF BARS
PRO ARMOR DOMINATOR FRONT BUMPER,PRM DESERT GRAB BAR,PRM FULL UNDER SKIDS,X-POSED SHOCK COVERS
CONTROL:PROTAPER EVO BARS,ODI GRIPS,TRAIL TECH HI-RISE BAR CLAMP,ALBA STEERING STABILIZER
LIGHTING:HID CONVERSION/LED ACCENT LIGHTS
LOOKS: AMR GRAPGICS/MAIER PLASTICS
post #5 of 156 Old 01-23-2010, 06:55 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Great idea!

I'll update mine with some pics as soon as I get settled.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #6 of 156 Old 01-23-2010, 07:21 AM

DG X2 slipon, It very loud, It doesn't stick out in the back as much a some of the other pipes. They make a full system, but I like the heat shield on the stock pipe, and I didn't see a big different on them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG00032-20100123-0659.jpg (69.4 KB, 311 views)
File Type: jpg IMG00028-20100123-0657.jpg (79.5 KB, 198 views)
File Type: jpg IMG00031-20100123-0659.jpg (59.9 KB, 193 views)
File Type: jpg IMG00029-20100123-0658.jpg (62.9 KB, 169 views)
File Type: jpg IMG00030-20100123-0658.jpg (67.9 KB, 205 views)
post #7 of 156 Old 01-23-2010, 08:27 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Have the Motoworks SR4 which included a spark arrestor and 2 different core silencer (requested by me to Motoworks) for free. Performance is great, even with the smallest core silencer, it's still loud but within the 96db level. If I had a choice; I would go with Supertrapp but they don't make an exhaust for our bike as of yet.

The core silencers are just different diameter so the smaller size will produce less noise but will produce more back pressure which will reduce the life of the main core. So when I'm not riding in a strict noise area, I'll open the exhaust.

Forgot to mention that Motoworks are great people to work with. When I needed a different core silencer, they built and send me one for free, that's great customer service
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SideView1.jpg (101.2 KB, 238 views)
File Type: jpg SideView2.jpg (80.4 KB, 233 views)

Supertrapp SL, Pro Design Filter, PCIII, PRM Baja Front Bumper, PRM 6 Pack Grab Bar, Ricochet A-Arm guards, 23" Front ITP Pro Series, Kenda Kutters XC on DWT Red Labels, Motion Pro Twist Throttle,Maier Plastics, Elkas Front Shocks (Preload)

Last edited by Nash04; 01-23-2010 at 08:29 AM.
post #8 of 156 Old 01-23-2010, 08:44 AM

There are many pictures on our website of the Barker! www.bigkidzracing.com Tim Barker used our bikes to fabricate his now production unit. I ran a Big Gun before this and had some serious fitment issues and leaks, required high temp silicone to seal it. The barker is like no other on the market, stainless head pipe, reverse megaphone design, the pipe bolts to the canister, not a slip joint. the hard angles have been straighend out to allow free flow. a spark arrestor and quiet insert are availible. the canister is made from formed tubing so no welds to crack. the head pipe is a true 1 7/8 ID no gimmics just a HIGH Quality Exhaust. The dyno sheets show the facts.

Big Kidz Racing
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsors:
EHS Racing
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Barker's Performance

Houser Racing

On The Trail TV

West Virginia ATV Tours

Hinsen Clutch Components

KBC Helmets

Hiper Racing Wheels

Member:
Score International

Best in the Desert

VXCS Virginia cross Country Series
post #9 of 156 Old 01-23-2010, 09:42 AM

Hey this thread is is great idea! I like the detailed pictures and real opinions on the various exhausts for this machine. I too recently installed an FMF Q4, and it is a very well made high quality pipe. Everything fit like a glove, and it is very quiet, only slightly louder than stock, with a nice tone. I did have to modify my AC Racing grab bar due to the length of the pipe, but this would not be an issue with a standard type grab bar. I like how they include a removable adaptor so you can later get the full benefit of the FMF header. Great product!

2008 TRX700XX - Sold
2005 Raptor 660R - Rebuild Project "The Phoenix"
post #10 of 156 Old 01-23-2010, 06:32 PM

hey guys how is it goin? i just orderd a motorworks slip on,uni filter,and lexx efi controller from rocky mountain atv,i have two questions,you probably get these a lot,for the controler do you have to make adjustments to run it with an open air box?and with the uni filter does it replace stock filter basket?or do you have to still use it?cause my cousin was givin me crap about how i should of gotten a k&n filter.thanx guys!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode