Fullerton Sand Sports and Skat~Trak Extreme Paddles - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 Old 04-07-2010, 01:34 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Fullerton Sand Sports and Skat~Trak Extreme Paddles

Figured I'd post a review of my experience with Fullerton Sand Sports. I had been looking for some new paddle tires for a while and decided to get serious last week. Got a big dune trip coming up here next week and wanted the tires before then. One of the guys over at ATVRiders recommend getting in contact with Dave over at Fullerton Sand. After a couple of emails, he helped me decided on some Skat~Trak Extremes (21x12x8 6 paddle). Figured I'd still shop around and try to find the best deal. I found myself back talking with Dave since they ended up having the best price and were also one of only two places that had the size I wanted in stock. Takes 3-4 weeks to get them directly from Skat~Trak. Anyways, I got the tires mounted on some DWT Blue Labels for $296 shipped ($276 for the tires and wheels, $20 for shipping). I placed the order over the phone on a Thursday afternoon, the tires were sitting on my doorstep at 10AM the next day. Granted, I am less than 300 miles from them, it was still pretty damn impressive. I would (and will) definitely do business with them again.

After the trip I'll post up my thoughts on the tires themselves. So far I'm extremely impressed, tire and wheel weigh in at 13lbs mounted.

Red '05 TRX400EX:

|White Brothers E-Series Exhaust|Stock Header w/ Welds Ground|Gearing: Trail - 14/39, Dunes - 13/39|Primary Drive Sprockets and Gold X-Ring Chain|Sparks +6 Key|42mm Keihin Carb|ESR Airbox Eliminator Kit|Tinner Scoops|TAG T2 Bars|Burgard +2 A-Arms|G-Force Extended Hubs|KFX 450R Shocks|DirtSkins Shock Covers|IMS-Roll Classic Bumper|AC Racing Blackline Pro-Peg Nerfs|ITP Holeshot H-Ds|Skat~Trak Extreme Paddles, GBC Dune Tracker Fronts|

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 04-09-2010, 02:32 PM

skat track is the best of the best when it comes to sand tires. just gotta be careful not to run over sticks or anything

ENGINE:(57.87HP-LTP DYNO)12:1CP,STAGE 3 HOT CAM, PORT/POLISHED HEAD,HDD +3 TB, DMC AFTERBURNER FULL EXHAUST,PCV,MODQUAD K&N FILTER/MODIFIED AIR BOX,13T
SUSPENSION:ELKA STAGE 3 REAR STAGE 3 FRONT/HOUSER ARMS,L8TON SWAY BAR
ITP T-9 PROSERIES SKAT~TRACK EXTREAM HAULERS/MOHAWKS,RAZR/RAZR 2
ARMOR:PRO ARMOR FAT PEG NERF BARS
PRO ARMOR DOMINATOR FRONT BUMPER,PRM DESERT GRAB BAR,PRM FULL UNDER SKIDS,X-POSED SHOCK COVERS
CONTROL:PROTAPER EVO BARS,ODI GRIPS,TRAIL TECH HI-RISE BAR CLAMP,ALBA STEERING STABILIZER
LIGHTING:HID CONVERSION/LED ACCENT LIGHTS
LOOKS: AMR GRAPGICS/MAIER PLASTICS
post #3 of 19 Old 04-09-2010, 08:45 PM Thread Starter

Yeah, they should be a huge improvement from my Sand Geckos. I can't wait to hit the sand with them.

Red '05 TRX400EX:

|White Brothers E-Series Exhaust|Stock Header w/ Welds Ground|Gearing: Trail - 14/39, Dunes - 13/39|Primary Drive Sprockets and Gold X-Ring Chain|Sparks +6 Key|42mm Keihin Carb|ESR Airbox Eliminator Kit|Tinner Scoops|TAG T2 Bars|Burgard +2 A-Arms|G-Force Extended Hubs|KFX 450R Shocks|DirtSkins Shock Covers|IMS-Roll Classic Bumper|AC Racing Blackline Pro-Peg Nerfs|ITP Holeshot H-Ds|Skat~Trak Extreme Paddles, GBC Dune Tracker Fronts|

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 19 Old 04-09-2010, 10:18 PM

yeah me neither! been sitting in my room waiting for the next dune trip all my buddys use them and they pull away so much harder on the hills

ENGINE:(57.87HP-LTP DYNO)12:1CP,STAGE 3 HOT CAM, PORT/POLISHED HEAD,HDD +3 TB, DMC AFTERBURNER FULL EXHAUST,PCV,MODQUAD K&N FILTER/MODIFIED AIR BOX,13T
PRO ARMOR DOMINATOR FRONT BUMPER,PRM DESERT GRAB BAR,PRM FULL UNDER SKIDS,X-POSED SHOCK COVERS
CONTROL:PROTAPER EVO BARS,ODI GRIPS,TRAIL TECH HI-RISE BAR CLAMP,ALBA STEERING STABILIZER
post #5 of 19 Old 04-09-2010, 10:27 PM Thread Starter

You got a picture of them on your XX? Don't think I've ever seen one with Skat~Traks.

Red '05 TRX400EX:

post #6 of 19 Old 04-09-2010, 11:00 PM

sadly no not yet theres a couple other guys that have them to. end of may is our really big dune trip so i will have some new pics by then. i went with 22x11x10 7 paddle and mohawks in the front

post #7 of 19 Old 04-09-2010, 11:04 PM Thread Starter

We're getting ready to head out to Rasor Dunes for four days on the 16th for my birthday. Should have a bunch of pictures and videos of the trip. Gonna be the first trip to the dunes with the new paddles, carb and intake.

Red '05 TRX400EX:

post #8 of 19 Old 04-19-2010, 11:58 AM Thread Starter

Had an absolute blast at the dunes. These tires are just ridiculous. I figured they'd be a lot better than my Geckos, but man, it's almost indescribable how good they are. Not only was I flying up the hills I was struggling on before, but I was doing it with the front wheels off the ground. These things have an insane amount of hook-up. I am now a true believer in Skat~Trak, I'll never buy another paddle. They may be expensive, but they are well worth every penny.

Red '05 TRX400EX:

post #9 of 19 Old 04-19-2010, 12:09 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
post #10 of 19 Old 04-19-2010, 12:15 PM Thread Starter

It was hot as shit out. I was actually in shorts the entire weekend.

Red '05 TRX400EX:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode