Don't order from Durhamtown Powersports Outlet - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 Old 05-05-2010, 12:08 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Don't order from Durhamtown Powersports Outlet

I ordered a pair of "Modquad" rezzie clamps from Durhamtown Powersports Outlet online more than 5 weeks ago... and they're still not here. But that isn't the real problem with them. Every time I've called them to find out what's going on or when my clamps would be here... they tell me that the guy that handles the online sales isn't there. This is total BS!! No one else can tell me when my parts will be here. If this is what can be expected with their customer service... screw them and their parts. They're not the only ones who carry the clamps, but they're the ones who have my money right now. All I can say is they'll NEVER get another penny from me... for anything, even if they are the only ones who have the part.

roadkill

Update on Page two here.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
"You lock the door and throw away the key. There's someone in my head, but it's not me."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
R. Waters
x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

Last edited by scuzz; 05-06-2010 at 01:46 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 Old 05-05-2010, 03:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I feel your pain bro.. That sucks...

"Old dogs don't die..they just can't cock their leg anymore."
post #3 of 31 Old 05-05-2010, 04:00 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I rode at Durhamtown one time and god what a waste of time and money it was!! I would never recommend anyone go there to ride, shop, camp, eat, or even take a dump!! Sorry about your deal dude.

2008 Honda 700xx Red/Black, Full Alba Exhaust, UNI Filter, EHS Lid, PC3, 13T Front,Pro Armor Pro XC Bumper (BIGGEST P.O.S EVER MADE), Pro Armor Full Chassis/Swing Arm Skids, PRM A-Arm Skids, Maxxis RAZR fronts and rears. In the works, ported/polished head, custom cam, ported T/B.

1997 Toyota Supra Black/Black with a little boost and 1300 hp
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2003 Mustang Cobra ditched the S/C for a 80mm hairdryer
2007 Yamaha R1 Charcoal/Black
2013 BMW 335 Coupe Deep Sea Blue/Black

post #4 of 31 Old 05-05-2010, 09:27 PM

Are you guys talkin about Durhamtown in GA? Ive been there once and looked to be a nice place to ride, had a MX track, 400ft dragstrip and round track. I didnt bring anything to ride so I didnt get off on any trails. I went to watch the roundtrack racing and 400ft.

Bo White
205-886-7043
post #5 of 31 Old 05-06-2010, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadkill View Post
I ordered a pair of "Modquad" rezzie clamps from Durhamtown Powersports Outlet online more than 5 weeks ago... and they're still not here. But that isn't the real problem with them. Every time I've called them to find out what's going on or when my clamps would be here... they tell me that the guy that handles the online sales isn't there. This is total BS!! No one else can tell me when my parts will be here. If this is what can be expected with their customer service... screw them and their parts. They're not the only ones who carry the clamps, but they're the ones who have my money right now. All I can say is they'll NEVER get another penny from me... for anything, even if they are the only ones who have the part.

roadkill
As a longtime Durhamtown rider and supporter, this just doesn't sound like them. So I called the shop and spoke to Leo, 706-549-4030. He has seen this post and is genuinely concerned about your issue. Call him and I'm certain you can get this squared away.

Jeff

2008 Honda TRX 700 - 13T, Uni-Filter, FMF Programmer, PRM Side Bars, Desert Bumper and Skid Plate, CCP Steering Stabilizer, Elka Shocks on all four corners, Kyle8ton Anti-Sway Bar

Currently Own:
2008 KTM 990 ADV
2008 KTM 450 EXC-R
2008 KTM 85XC (Son's Bike)
2010 Polaris 200 (Daughters Bike)
2009 Honda Recon 250
2007 John Deere Gator
2007 Rhino
2007 Honda TRX 500 4x4
2003 Polaris Sportsman 6x6
2002 Sherco 250
post #6 of 31 Old 05-06-2010, 09:37 AM Thread Starter

pissed

I don't know anything about a riding area... just that I don't think they're worth a shit when it comes to ordering parts online.
The address I have for the from their order confirmation email is:
4300 Atlanta Highway
Borart, GA.

There has been an update on this... I again called after I posted this thread. And again, "the guy that handles online orders isn't here"... Same BS. My reply was... "Is there anyone there that knows WTF they're doing that can help me?" I guess she didn't like me getting upset and cussing at her because she hung up on me. Go figure... With customer service like I've seen, you'd think she would be used to getting cussed at. Thin skinned bitch!
The clamps did arrive... at the wrong address. They sent the clamps to my home instead of my shipping address. I never have anything sent to my house as I'm seldom at home. I always have stuff sent to my office because there's always someone here to recieve what's sent. And, in the confirmation email, they did have the right address to ship to... but sent it to the billing address instead. Clamps arrived @ 4:50 P.M. yesterday.

I also thought I was ordering from "Tucker Rocky"... and it even says that on the package the clamps are in. It wasn't till I got the confirmation email that I saw anything about Durhamtown Powersports Outlet... My reaction: "Who the F are these people?"

All in all, my parts are here. But my recomendation not to deal with them still stands. If they don't like what I've got to say about them and their service... They have my address and know where to find me... SCREW THEM!

roadkill

"You lock the door and throw away the key. There's someone in my head, but it's not me."

R. Waters

post #7 of 31 Old 05-06-2010, 11:17 AM

Well, I am sorry to hear that. But that "Tucker Rocky" thing may shed a little light on it. I wonder if TR just had whatever distributor who had them in stock send it. Is the number you are calling actually Durhamtown Powersports Outlet or is it the Proshop located at Durhamtown Plantation; they are related companies, but different.

I was hoping you'd have a happier ending. Wanted to help a fellow TRex'er out as payback for all the good info I get from this forum.

Jeff

2008 Honda TRX 700 - 13T, Uni-Filter, FMF Programmer, PRM Side Bars, Desert Bumper and Skid Plate, CCP Steering Stabilizer, Elka Shocks on all four corners, Kyle8ton Anti-Sway Bar

Currently Own:
2008 KTM 990 ADV
2008 KTM 450 EXC-R
2008 KTM 85XC (Son's Bike)
2010 Polaris 200 (Daughters Bike)
2009 Honda Recon 250
2007 John Deere Gator
2007 Rhino
2007 Honda TRX 500 4x4
2003 Polaris Sportsman 6x6
2002 Sherco 250
post #8 of 31 Old 05-06-2010, 12:17 PM Thread Starter

The number I called was the one on the email order confirmation and that was for Durhamtown Powersports Outlet.

Thing is, they sent out the confirmation email right away and the part was listed as "in stock". But, for it to take 5+ weeks for something to be sent that's in stock is un-acceptable. Then, you have to take into consideration that "the guy" that handles online orders was never there and no one else could or would help. THAT is not a good way to run a business. On top of all that, they can't even send the part to the right address. I was lucky that I just happened to be home yesterday to sign for the part.

I don't think I'm the only one who gets impatient waiting for goodies to arrive. We all want our orders here yesterday. This has just left a bad taste in my mouth... and got me rather pissed. I should've just ordered direct from ModQuad in the first place... This is what I get for trying to save a whole $6.00

roadkill

R. Waters

post #9 of 31 Old 05-06-2010, 12:19 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
post #10 of 31 Old 05-06-2010, 12:26 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuzz View Post
Can you cancel???
The part came yesterday... and my credit card was dinged for the charge for the part right away as well... Then it became a wait... too late to do anything else. Calling them did no good except to raise my blood pressure and get me more and more pissed.

roadkill

R. Waters

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode