Ims Tank - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 48 Old 05-12-2010, 11:30 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ims Tank

Well after buying a black ims tank, I thought i would write this.
The tank out of the box looks very well made, Then that is where my problems began.
The tank fitted fine so i thought till i went to fit the honda nose cone nine is red. I removed the 4xJ fixings and then tryed to get it to bolt back in place with the 6x fixing bolts. Things fitted fine the right side. It was the left side that gave me problems. The tank on the left side as been made slightly bigger than the red trim that covers it. As you can see in my photos the fit is poor.
I did have contact ims and sent them the photos and there reply was thats how it fits not as good as the stock tank.

see the big gap top right side.

this is the front clip that should fit in head light housing it dont.

close up of gap around lamp

bump to left side where tank is to big

right side great no problems

and fuel tap pushes against housing now

so my review
Tank looks great not fitted to bike.
Cost is over priced due to poor fitment.
I think ims made there mold, Tested it on a bike found that did not fit, And did not correct the mold.
customer service not great took long time to reply to my emails. and then to be told it is supposed to fit that poor.

I would not buy another ims tank, I would not recommend this tank to any one that wants a nice fit.

mods to my trx700xx
ac front bumper, power commander v, fmf full exhaust,13 tooth sproket, ims tank (remolded) shock covers, uni filter, Reverse rev limiter removed, tusk tether kill switch, ds450 front shocks, l8ton oversized sway bar (all 700xx need this)
GP reverse lever on handle bars, itp wheels, kenda klaw tyres,

Last edited by corsasri; 05-12-2010 at 02:12 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 48 Old 05-12-2010, 12:21 PM

yea i had the same issue, but mine wasn't that bad....
post #3 of 48 Old 05-12-2010, 12:31 PM

I had the exact same fitment issue's with mine. It really didn't bug me all that much, I sort of expected some fitment misses. I did take the tank back off and open up the mounting holes on the fuel valve with a round file to have the fuel valve line up correctly. I felt the constant side ward pressure on the knob may have caused problems down the road. I would have been nice to have it fit perfectly though.

11:1, Web Stg2 cam, PCV, Powerbomb/Powercore4, Razr's all around. Air cleaner lid mod, Uni filter, HID Lighting, 6 pack rack, Motion Pro twist, L8ton 9/16, DS/Elka shocks, IMS Tank, Grip heaters

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 48 Old 05-12-2010, 01:34 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to smo0oth1
Nice to see you ride but it's kinda hard to make this informational when you can't even see the XX lol

I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
post #5 of 48 Old 05-12-2010, 02:11 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Baxter
I have the same issues but did not fit the seat either . Now it sits on the shelf after one race as "my gift to the god of speed".

2008 TT-ReXX , 2003 400ex and 2014 CRF250r.
Products used, abused and loved from:
Ed at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Alex at

Jim at

Kyle at

With out these guys , it would not be as much fun.
post #6 of 48 Old 05-12-2010, 02:15 PM

Baxter, what about the seat wouldn't fit? My seat actually fits a little better than stock, a tighter fit.

11:1, Web Stg2 cam, PCV, Powerbomb/Powercore4, Razr's all around. Air cleaner lid mod, Uni filter, HID Lighting, 6 pack rack, Motion Pro twist, L8ton 9/16, DS/Elka shocks, IMS Tank, Grip heaters

post #7 of 48 Old 05-12-2010, 02:37 PM

Mine didn't fit either at first, but messed with the metal tabs and I agree that it fits better than stock
post #8 of 48 Old 05-12-2010, 03:42 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Baxter
The seat when first fitted was about 11/2" of the tank and the rear plastic pins on the seat base would only just align with a good shove. After playing with the metal tabs got it to within 1" of the tank but the front righthand side of the seat kept jumping out of the tank tab. The left was great fit. I know I can fix it with some time and Hot water and new mounts but it is not a priority at the moment.

2008 TT-ReXX , 2003 400ex and 2014 CRF250r.
Products used, abused and loved from:
Ed at

Alex at

Jim at

Kyle at

With out these guys , it would not be as much fun.
post #9 of 48 Old 05-13-2010, 01:49 PM Thread Starter

I think we should all contact ims and tell them that there tank is crap on our 700xx
or maybe i should send them a link to this page.

mods to my trx700xx
ac front bumper, power commander v, fmf full exhaust,13 tooth sproket, ims tank (remolded) shock covers, uni filter, Reverse rev limiter removed, tusk tether kill switch, ds450 front shocks, l8ton oversized sway bar (all 700xx need this)
post #10 of 48 Old 05-13-2010, 01:51 PM Thread Starter

baxter how can you fix it with hot water ?
i thought about using a hot paint stripper (with the tank empty)

mods to my trx700xx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode