User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 Old 07-05-2010, 07:58 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to NineLivez2Go
GBC X-rex tires and ITP wheels

Just wanted to post up my recent upgrade and review of the tire and wheel setup I went with.

First off the GBC X-rex tires are a very aggressive tire. They pretty much look exactly like the maxxis tires but for a lot better price. They come in 4 ply and 6 ply ratings and also come in a Race version for the fronts which has a tighter tread pattern. I ended up getting the plain X-rex tires with the 6 ply rating. The are a bit on the heavy side like the maxxis Razr but you really don't notice. I went with 21x7-10 on the front and 20x11-10 on the rear. For me this setup seemed to be what I needed. Really helps with the front end push and allows for tighter cornering.

The ITP wheels are the T-9 Pro series that everyone is pretty much familiar with. They are the ones specifically for the 700xx. The front is 10-5 4/144 3+2 and the rear is 10x7 4/144 4+3. No clearance issues at all after you remove the mud scrapers.

The tire and wheel setup made the rear 50" wide and the front 49" wide, which is very reasonable for all kinds of different riding. Below are some pics just for reference. Sorry for the dirty quad and the cell phone pics.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 07-05-2010, 09:02 PM

Those look great. I like the geometry of the rear tires. I may try this set-up when I upgrade. If you don't mind, could you let us know where you got the tires and rims and what you paid for them? Tighter cornering is what I like to hear!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2008 Black/Silver Honda TRX700XX
2005 Polaris Phoenix 200cc pooper-Sold!

Wherever you go, there you are!
post #3 of 19 Old 07-06-2010, 01:35 PM

looks awesome!!! any clearance issues with the 20" s

post #4 of 19 Old 07-06-2010, 03:23 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via Yahoo to NineLivez2Go
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigy72 View Post
Those look great. I like the geometry of the rear tires. I may try this set-up when I upgrade. If you don't mind, could you let us know where you got the tires and rims and what you paid for them? Tighter cornering is what I like to hear!
Thanks.
I got the tires from www.pureoffroad.com for $280 with very fast shipping and great customer service to add for ( Fronts $60/ea and Rears $80/ea.) by far the cheapest around and they had them in stock.The wheels are from rockymountainatv.com for $239.80 ( Fronts $53.95/ea. and Rears $65.95/ea.) plus I had a 10% coupon code which brought the total to $215.82 shipped. For some reason they are now listed for $57.95 and $69.95

Quote:
Originally Posted by sicksnake View Post
looks awesome!!! any clearance issues with the 20" s
Thank you sir.
Only about 1" of ground clearance.

Last edited by NineLivez2Go; 08-13-2010 at 12:22 PM.
post #5 of 19 Old 07-06-2010, 06:59 PM

good to know that there are other tires out there other than maxxis plus u save some coin they look good thanx 4 the info ill be looking into those
post #6 of 19 Old 08-23-2010, 01:31 AM

Price for all 4 tires same size same site is $294.00 guess the price went up a little i think these are the tires i will go with
post #7 of 19 Old 09-20-2010, 10:29 PM

nice they look just like the razr 2.
post #8 of 19 Old 01-27-2013, 03:28 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I see this is an old post, but am looking at these for my next set (22's though). Does anybody know if they hold up well? (I currently run Razr2's front and back)

2008 TRX700 - Tusk Aluminum Hand Guards, ODI Rouge Grips, American Star Chromoly Tie Rods, 12T front, ITP 10" Rims with custom 4-leaf clover reinforcement, 22" Razr2's Front and Rear, Moose Fat Peg Nerf bars, GT Thunder Rear re-valve/dual rate setup

Immortal 1995 fourtraxx 300 2WD that has survived everything but armageddon

Husky TE450 street ride - stock with some new plastics

1974 Yamaha DT 125 project
post #9 of 19 Old 01-27-2013, 05:48 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 224 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannyboy View Post
I see this is an old post, but am looking at these for my next set (22's though). Does anybody know if they hold up well? (I currently run Razr2's front and back)
I think tbird88 runs these on the rear of his Trx700. I have them on a kids quad, they will probably last the rest of the life of the quad. Just remember if you get these tire's Discount Tire is a site sponsor, and they will beat anyone's best price!

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 19 Old 01-27-2013, 06:11 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannyboy View Post
they hold up awesome, went for the 6 ply for the puncture and flat tire resistants as you now i am a hardcore track and trail rider and i cant tell there heavier because the XX is a torque monster i could tell though when i put 6 ply on my 400 ex it had big 3 but i could still tell it was robbing power on the 400 youd need a built motor for it to pull them right. i went with 22 in rear and front i didnt lose no ground clearance with the 22s i might have gained an inch witch is good for trails it also turns better than the stockers i think there is less sidewall flexx and also the 700xx is so heavy the 6 ply is better

08 700XX PRM Six Pack Rack Hardline hour meter EHS EFI Controller EHS Lid with side vents Barker Full Exhaust Uni Air Filter alba nerfs elka stg4 fronts sti rims kutter front gbcxrex rear
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode