User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 41 Old 05-09-2012, 11:19 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baxter View Post
Compression settings effect the rebound settings and the rebound settings effect the comp settings. Sounds confusing but both clickers effect each other. You can have an all singing dancin' shock and put the comp on 1 click out then put the rebound 20 clicks out and the shock will seem too soft. It's all about balance. I learnt this from a previous sponsor of this forum and learnt more about suspension setup in one email than I ever did in the pages of any atv magazine. Just a pity that he let alot of the members down with his rear shock conversion. I owe alot to him.
Thanks Lee.... Very true. I learned this by adjusting my compression on my Elka s3 rears... then adjusting my rebound... then having to go back to the compression because the rebound made the compression too soft.

I like being able to adjust rebound on my rear shocks because I don't want my ass end to pogo around from no dampening of rebound.

Even good shocks will feel like crap if they are not set up right for the riding conditions. I am still learning my shocks and what to adjust for what riding conditions. I think I'm lucky in having friends with the knowledge willing to help me learn... Ed Teixeira and George from Precision Racing.

roadkill

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
"You lock the door and throw away the key. There's someone in my head, but it's not me."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
R. Waters
x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode