ELKA Shocks s1 s2 s3 s4 reviews - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 41 Old 07-28-2010, 04:14 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
ELKA Shocks s1 s2 s3 s4 reviews

i though i would be a good idea to do a review on all the elka shocks so everyone with them or that wants them should chime in. are we spending our money wisely? what stage is best for me?ect ive seen a lot of trail riders with the s4 is it nessary for your riding or was just a want? think this will be help full for shock shoppers.
700xx rear s1,s3,s4
700xx front s1,s2,s3,s4

now my review now that ive have road them longer. i have the stage 3 front and rear compression rebound and preload $1200 a pair. i feel i am able to adjust every aspect of my riding with these shocks for not being a racer. i really like how you can ride over the same section of trail and say i dont like the way the quad kicks and drop the rebound down a little and it goes away. or bump up the compression on bigger jumps. the overall ride of having shocks built to your specs is amazing much smoother and smmes to transfer power better imo.

ENGINE:(57.87HP-LTP DYNO)12:1CP,STAGE 3 HOT CAM, PORT/POLISHED HEAD,HDD +3 TB, DMC AFTERBURNER FULL EXHAUST,PCV,MODQUAD K&N FILTER/MODIFIED AIR BOX,13T
SUSPENSION:ELKA STAGE 3 REAR STAGE 3 FRONT/HOUSER ARMS,L8TON SWAY BAR
ITP T-9 PROSERIES SKAT~TRACK EXTREAM HAULERS/MOHAWKS,RAZR/RAZR 2
ARMOR:PRO ARMOR FAT PEG NERF BARS
PRO ARMOR DOMINATOR FRONT BUMPER,PRM DESERT GRAB BAR,PRM FULL UNDER SKIDS,X-POSED SHOCK COVERS
CONTROL:PROTAPER EVO BARS,ODI GRIPS,TRAIL TECH HI-RISE BAR CLAMP,ALBA STEERING STABILIZER
LIGHTING:HID CONVERSION/LED ACCENT LIGHTS
LOOKS: AMR GRAPGICS/MAIER PLASTICS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 41 Old 07-28-2010, 06:33 PM

S3 fronts only here. The decision was rather easy and clear based on my reschearch and piggybank. The easy/quick adjustment options on the s3 & s4 was a requirement. The jump to s4 features/pricing is targeted at pro's IMO. The biggest improvement has been a much smoother ride on those rumble strip type trails. Seems like we have a lot of those type of trails around here and it was brutal on my arms before the s3's up front. Also, the article in ATV Action about raising the bars based on your height helped.
Not sure when or if I'll replace the rear. I've not been unhappy with their performance (yet). But if I ever do it will be the s3's.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'05 Wolverine

Last edited by kygoat; 07-28-2010 at 06:37 PM.
post #3 of 41 Old 07-28-2010, 06:41 PM

Lets have all after market shocks in here. This would be a great help to me. Thanks

post #4 of 41 Old 07-28-2010, 06:58 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Baxter
I have Elka S1 front and bought them because they were the cheapest. The fitment was a bugger and as I progressed with racing thought I needed S3 at least.
Anyway 12 months later and alittle wiser , these shocks are not that bad.
It would be nice to have a compression adjustment, but we are doing OK.
Over the stock shocks they are way better and for the money are worth it for weekend warrior(Was going to put a leisure rider, but they seem to be more intense riders) this would be a good buy.
I have other upgrades aswell but basically running stock and turning on a dime at any speed.
The only upgrade for me would be LT.
I am running 44" front width with Elka S1 and 49" rear with stock rear shocks with a ride height of 10 1/2".

2008 TT-ReXX , 2003 400ex and 2014 CRF250r.
Products used, abused and loved from:
Ed at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Alex at

Jim at

Kyle at

With out these guys , it would not be as much fun.
post #5 of 41 Old 07-28-2010, 07:07 PM

Do you guys think the rebound adjustment is worth the extra money?? I was thinking stage 2 with compression only.

2008 red TRX700, CCP stabilizer, PRM Desert II, 13T sprocket, 23" Razr 2's, 11/16" sway bar,Elka Stage 2 Fronts, EHS Big 3, UNI filter, IMS PowerMadd Hand Guards, Wiigstyle rear shock re-spring, Teixeira Tech front upper A-arms,Precision Shock & Vibe clamps, Tusk Chub CR high bend, ODI Rouge grips, HCC seat cover, kenda kutter rear.

2010 camo Polaris Sportsman 850
post #6 of 41 Old 07-28-2010, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRX700XXX View Post
Do you guys think the rebound adjustment is worth the extra money?? I was thinking stage 2 with compression only.
What type of riding/racing do you intend to do ?

Ed at

Alex at

Jim at

Kyle at

post #7 of 41 Old 07-28-2010, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baxter View Post
What type of riding/racing do you intend to do ?
Very fast pace trail riding and an occasional race or 2. I'll probably never see sand or open wide terrain. The video is where and how I ride haha.

2008 red TRX700, CCP stabilizer, PRM Desert II, 13T sprocket, 23" Razr 2's, 11/16" sway bar,Elka Stage 2 Fronts, EHS Big 3, UNI filter, IMS PowerMadd Hand Guards, Wiigstyle rear shock re-spring, Teixeira Tech front upper A-arms,Precision Shock & Vibe clamps, Tusk Chub CR high bend, ODI Rouge grips, HCC seat cover, kenda kutter rear.

post #8 of 41 Old 07-28-2010, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRX700XXX View Post
Very fast pace trail riding and an occasional race or 2. I'll probably never see sand or open wide terrain. The video is where and how I ride haha.

If you do as the video ,S1 will work fine. If race in rougher stuff when racing then get the compression adjustiable ones.
Just outta curiousity , did you have the K8 swaybar on when you shot the video ?

Ed at

Alex at

Jim at

Kyle at

post #9 of 41 Old 07-28-2010, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baxter View Post
If you do as the video ,S1 will work fine. If race in rougher stuff when racing then get the compression adjustiable ones.
Just outta curiousity , did you have the K8 swaybar on when you shot the video ?
No I still don't have it on yet, I will this weekend and have a review on the sway bar when I get back. Thanks for the info I think I'm still leaning towards stage 2 because of extra oil and better fitment.

post #10 of 41 Old 07-28-2010, 10:14 PM

buy fox
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode