Razr 2 hands down the best!!! - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 Old 08-22-2010, 10:03 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Razr 2 hands down the best!!!

Alls i can say is "HELL YEAH" I absolutely loooooove these tires!! I run the 20x11x10 rears and i don't know why people whine about rotational mass!!! I don't know where otheres ride but as you can see from my videos i hit some serious rocks trees mud etc. and these tires just tear that shiat up!! They are wide and flat and so much fun to powerslide with. When you nail it they grip and rooster tail as my friends have the rock marks toprove lol. They go over jagged edges with ease and the 20 height with the 13 tooth sprocket is perfect. I chug in 3rd and have a much broader power band to go up rocky terrain. I run the 23 razr 1 in front and they work perfect with them. So for anyone worried about the weight don't be, They are awesome!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 Old 08-22-2010, 06:28 PM

Any idea what your top speed is with a smaller front sprocket and smaller tires??
post #3 of 23 Old 08-22-2010, 06:51 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captamer71 View Post
Any idea what your top speed is with a smaller front sprocket and smaller tires??
Ill have my buddy use his radar on me , top speed really isnt that important to me where i ride as much as low end torque is. I just found that even with the 13 tooth and 22's it was definitely noticeable, but still wasnt all that meaty in the powerband as the 20's were, now when you hit the throttle in second the revs are where they should be and give you that seat of the pants feel you want! And now when people are chugging in second i can bang third and wind it out and really zip over the rocks!!!

post #4 of 23 Old 08-22-2010, 08:19 PM

Do you have the big 3? Or stock except sprocket and tires?
post #5 of 23 Old 08-22-2010, 09:05 PM

thank god a good review about the razr2 rears...i ordered the same ones the other day and was starting to regret it after reading some posts...
post #6 of 23 Old 08-22-2010, 09:42 PM

i was regreting ordering the kenda kutter xc but after reading some of the posts im hoping they are worth it. razrs were my other choice for sure. sucks I have to wait so long for the kutters. my friend has the razrs 2 on his 450 and man do those baby grip! razrs vs kutters? someone gimme some advice. since kutters haven't shipped i can choose either.
post #7 of 23 Old 08-22-2010, 11:13 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Kutters will last longer than RAZR's and RAZR-2's.

RAZR-2's last longer than normal RAZR's but you will have to purchase new wheels and they aren't great at high speed as they tend to snap off knobs because they are a harder compound rubber.
post #8 of 23 Old 08-22-2010, 11:29 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzLinc View Post
and they aren't great at high speed as they tend to snap off knobs because they are a harder compound rubber.
I haven't found that to be true at all. Been running razr2's on my 450R desert racer for the last couple of years, spends most of its life at high speeds. Never lost one knob off any of them and I bet I have went through at least 5 pairs of rears.

I do like the razr2's. I liked the razr's a bit better since they were lighter and I could feel the difference. After the last couple fo races though, it think I am going back to the razr2's, the extra traction I think is worth the weight penalty. Actually, I think I will try the GBC x-rex on my 450R's. Pretty much the same tire, but quite a bit cheaper.

I may try a set of kutters though on my 700XX, since it is the only other option for 11" wheels.

Doug

2004 TRX450R, 2008 TRX700XX
(BITD #639 Quad Ironman Expert)

2015 sponsors: Teixeiratech.com, Motowoz.com, Snailmotorsports.com, My bank account.

2008 TRX700XX
2005 TRX450R
1986 TRX250R

Last edited by D Bergstrom; 08-22-2010 at 11:32 PM.
post #9 of 23 Old 08-23-2010, 12:18 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by D Bergstrom View Post
I haven't found that to be true at all. Been running razr2's on my 450R desert racer for the last couple of years, spends most of its life at high speeds. Never lost one knob off any of them and I bet I have went through at least 5 pairs of rears.

I may try a set of kutters though on my 700XX, since it is the only other option for 11" wheels.

Doug
It's funny getting compleatly different results for the same product, but just goes to show how a different rider can change everything. Makes you wonder about all those other reports you read...........is it just the rider?

I have always used Kenda or ITP (mostly Kenda) but one of my racing buddies uses MAXXIS (sponsor). He uses the RAZR as the RAZR-2's ripped heaps of knobs off in the desert. I saw this and would not use them but your comments have me re-assesing my opinion.

Linc
post #10 of 23 Old 08-23-2010, 11:18 PM

I have the 20's in the rear and 21's up front. I hope they ride as good as they look! im going out this weekend. I have the big three and a 14 tooth sprocket, I also have a 13 to try out. I am a pretty aggressive rider. I will let you guys know on sunday what i think about them.

IMG00086-20100818-1949.jpg

FMF 4.1 exhaust w/ Powerbomb Header
EHS Air Box Cover, EHS Fuel Controller
UNI Air Filter, 10' Itp t9 pro series wheels
Razor2's rear 20x11x10 front 21x7x10
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode