11:1 CP 715cc Big Bore Piston
290 Web Cam
+3 Throttle Body
PCV Tuned by Illinois Powersports
61.52 HP 48.24 TQ

Special Thanks To
Illinois Powersports
630-365-6722

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 33 Old 12-15-2010, 07:42 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yeah I guess your right now that I look at my card..... That sucks
post #23 of 33 Old 10-16-2011, 09:30 PM Thread Starter

Update

I did end up having to pay the dealer. They served me with court papers and sent everything to collection, tried to make a deal, for less money but was refused. Cove Side wheel an ski in Newport, Maine is responsible. Don't do business, they want to bend you over.

08 TRX700XX Silver/black, Uni air filter,L8ton racing 11/16" sway bar, 13t sprocket, Kenda kutters all the way around, Pro taper high bend bars, Powermadd hand guards, FMF powercore 4 with FMF powerbomb header, EHS programmer, EHS air box lid, Alba pro ellite nerf bars and bumper

post #24 of 33 Old 10-28-2011, 12:16 PM

I'm shocked you lost that one. I would have asked them who authorized to fix your quad. If you did not authorize them to fix your quad legally they cannot touch it. And if they did they have to eat the repairs. Your earlier post said you told them that if the warr. would not cover it, don't do anything to it. If that is the case you got screwed bro.
post #25 of 33 Old 10-28-2011, 08:53 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
oops

they go by how black the oil is and how dirty and dirt infested the air filter is, ive never had any probs with warranty work at my honda dealership ,its small town and family owned!

08 700XX PRM Six Pack Rack Hardline hour meter EHS EFI Controller EHS Lid with side vents Barker Full Exhaust Uni Air Filter alba nerfs elka stg4 fronts sti rims kutter front gbcxrex rear
post #26 of 33 Old 11-05-2011, 08:12 AM

I also have never had any problems with Honda warranty, but have not had any issues with 700 yet. I would say tbird hit the nail on the head tho. good maintenance and local shop where you are known prob makes a big difference, I even race with guys in local shop. warranties are supposed to be void if quad has been raced and my stuff has always been covered.
post #27 of 33 Old 08-02-2012, 03:49 PM

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Just catching up on old posts here. It's looks like this will be a future inspectable item for my XX. Check steering stem for bulges and bends. I didn't know they were prone to bending. Sorry you were taken for a ride. I read your earlier post that you did not sign. If you didn't then they never should of worked on your bike. The cost is on them. Thanks for the post I'll keep an eye out for this.
post #28 of 33 Old 08-03-2012, 11:36 PM

I've had a ton of crap with Honda warranty's, cars mostly, never had any issues with the XX yet but I find if you call the 1-800 Honda number & give them shit they usually work it out with the dealer. I had to fight for a crank in my 2001 prelude & in the end they even paid me for the monthly payment that I paid for the car because I was driving a Civic loaner car. Give Honda a call & they'll probably work it out with your dealer. Who knows your dealer might be pulling a fast one by charging you for the repairs that Honda already paid, seen it before, believe me my local dealer pulled all the tricks !!!!

Regards, Joey.

Honda's #1 baby!!!!!!!!!
post #29 of 33 Old 08-04-2012, 06:34 AM

the snap ring come off my right cv axle where it goes in to the rear chunk on brake rotor side an the snap ring worked its way into the rear housing and scared it up and ruined the rear bearing and chunk honda warrantied a new housing and bearings and right axle. the problem there is no way to grease the axle besides taking it out and grease the splines, if you dont grease them they will get stuck in there and cant pull your axle out. so it is a good idea to grease you cv axles

08 700XX PRM Six Pack Rack Hardline hour meter EHS EFI Controller EHS Lid with side vents Barker Full Exhaust Uni Air Filter alba nerfs elka stg4 fronts sti rims kutter front gbcxrex rear

Last edited by tbird88; 08-04-2012 at 06:40 AM.
post #30 of 33 Old 08-04-2012, 06:36 AM

the snap ring come off my right cv axle where it goes in to the rear chunk on brake rotor side an the snap ring worked its way into the rear housing and scared it up and ruined the rear bearing and chunk. honda warrantied a new housing and bearings and right axle. the problem there is no way to grease the axle besides taking it out and grease the splines, if you dont grease them they will get stuck in there and cant pull your axle out. so it is a good idea to grease you cv axles

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode