Honda Warranty - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 33 Old 09-07-2010, 03:40 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
pissed Honda Warranty

Ok so sometime in May i was riding the xx through some rough trails when the steering stem just let go causing me to loose steering resulting in a little roll-over, wasn't going fast due to being rough so luckily didnt get hurt but was very pissed. Anyways took it back to the dealer i got it from in Feb. of 2010, told to took check it out for warranty, told them if they wouldnt cover it dont fix it cuz i would just buy one aftermarket and fix it myself. They said no problem they will tear it down, take some pictures and send them in to honda to get approved. Couple days later i called and they told me no problem parts would be in by the end of the week. So he called the end of the week and told me to come get it and that was that. well today some 93 days later i get a phone call from the dealer, telling me that Honda Denied the warranty claim and he would be sending me the letter from Honda ALONG WITH THE $273 BILL!! Told me there was a -800 number i could call and talk to Honda about it. I was so pissed i didn't know what to say to him so just ok we'll be in touch. But i think this is the most ridiculous stunt thats ever been pulled, and in no way to i feel obligated to pay the bill 93 days after the claim was filed. O yea they said the claim was denied due to mis-use of the machine or from accidental damage.

Last edited by holy700xx; 09-07-2010 at 03:43 PM. Reason: forgot the last sentance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 Old 09-07-2010, 04:58 PM

Send a message via AIM to crwh45
Sorry to hear about your luck, but your dealer should of told you before hand that Honda wouldn't cover this. I know this is kind of stupid, these stems are pretty weak, but you have to look at it from Honda's standpoint. Unless they hear a ton of problems with the stems just failing from material issues on not from mistreatment or rollovers, then they are not going to feel obligated. I personally would talk to your shop after you call honda and explain to them even though they wont care, but talk to the shop and tell them you specifically said you wanted aftermarket if honda wasnt going to cover it so you wont pay a red cent due to them being incompetent, and maybe you can make out a deal, to pay half or something. They probably wont go for it though. Crappy situation. But warrantly claims usually only work for things that Honda can CLEARLY see was a manufacturers defect or something of the sort.

2008 700xx; Power Bomb header with power core 4 exhaust, Power Programmer III, pro armor nerfs, prm products control front and rear bumpers and full skid, 10" ITP rears, ITP Baja's fronts, RZR 2's all the way around, Uni filter, 13t sprocket, CCP steering Damper, DS450 shock swap, Dual Gasser Throttle, bar risers and Moose barkBusters. 730XX kit plus other engine mods!
post #3 of 33 Old 09-07-2010, 07:07 PM Thread Starter

I just think its BS that they fixed it and now 3 months later telling me o yea by the way we arn't going to cover that, really stupid why would they fix it in the first place instead of telling me that they had to wait for the claim to go through, i thought that was the point. I'm just really unhappy about the whole situation

post #4 of 33 Old 09-07-2010, 07:26 PM

I say you take the parts off, return them, and tell them to shove it!... then you can get my Houser setup at a good price!
post #5 of 33 Old 09-07-2010, 08:21 PM

Get a lawyer and go after the dealer!
post #6 of 33 Old 09-07-2010, 08:45 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red-N-BlackXX View Post
Get a lawyer and go after the dealer!
Good point however I think it would cost more for the lawyer plus all the aggravation, o yea forgot to mention earlier that i recently started school and went to pick my paycheck up from work on sunday and my boss told me that the shop was shutting down for good, so i have no job to pay for a damn thing anyways. no job+college=no $$$, but at least i have you club700xx guys for support and just letting me vent.
post #7 of 33 Old 09-07-2010, 08:55 PM

You have no responsibility to pay them 90 days after the fact. I assume you got paperwork from them showing that the parts were replaced under warranty? If so, simply tell them that you will not be paying them and that they need to deal with Honda. They told you it was covered 90 days ago...you're done with them. They cannot do anything to you.
post #8 of 33 Old 09-07-2010, 09:06 PM

to the point made by crwh45, Honda won't cover it unless it was clearly a defect from manufacture, assembly, part quality, etc. If you have your machine back, with the parts installed, don't even entertain the idea of paying the dealer. They should have received authorization prior to "honoring" the warranty. That mistake is on them.
post #9 of 33 Old 09-08-2010, 12:46 AM

Folks, it just goes to show no matter where you are in the world, Honda have crap warranty.

Overlord
post #10 of 33 Old 09-08-2010, 08:30 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by av8r View Post
You have no responsibility to pay them 90 days after the fact. I assume you got paperwork from them showing that the parts were replaced under warranty? If so, simply tell them that you will not be paying them and that they need to deal with Honda. They told you it was covered 90 days ago...you're done with them. They cannot do anything to you.
I never received any kind of paper work, never signed anything when i dropped the machine off authorizing them to do any such thing, never signed anything when I picked the machine up. Dont know if that helps or hurts me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode