Rocky Mountain ATV - review - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 Old 01-21-2009, 01:50 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Rocky Mountain ATV - review

Recently I ordered some ITP 10” rims and a set of AMS Sand Snake Paddles from Rocky Mountain ATV. Here is my review of their customer service and their product for this purchase.

I placed my order ahead of the Christmas Rush to be sure and give them as far of notice as possible and to prevent any shipping delays. If you have shopped for anything major or new for the 700xx you’ll quickly notice that it’s most likely out-of-stock. This was also the case for the ITP rims for my 700XX. This wasn’t that big of a deal to me because I knew that I wasn’t going to be hitting the sand any time soon so it was fine of them to send it when they could. The lady that I spoke with on the phone when placing my order said that it would be early January before they would get a new shipment of rims in, which as I mentioned before…it was ok.
At that time Rock Mountain ATV had a special that if you spent over $300 dollars you got $50 in free items. My rims and tires were a package deal at $258 and included the free shipping and mounting. (sweet!) So, now all I ha dto do was pick out $50 in stuff to break the magical $300 mark and blamo…free stuff. So I got an air and oil filter and some air filter oil. I even checked the free wrapping and gift card from me to me on the order form.
I love Rocky Mountain ATV’s shipping and tracking on their order status page which allows you to view your stuff as it travels place to place from Utah.

I received the filters and oil within a few days festively wrapped for the holidays and just as I had written, from Gary to Gary. As I mentioned previously, the wheels were on backorder, so I wasn’t expecting those to be there.

Well a couple of days later…surprise…surprise I get two HUGE boxes from Rocky Mountain ATV. (no gift wrapping for wheels and tires though) When I opened the box I was less than happy. In one box was two paddle tires, one was folded completely in half. In the other box was the shiny set of rims. I rushed back to my PC and checked the Web…sure enough they were supposed to be mounted! I called RMATV’s customer service and told them the situation for which they replied that they were sorry for the inconvenience and that I could take them to a local bike shop and have them mount them and then just fax them the receipt. At first I was Ok with the idea of this but then upon thinking of it further I though that it wasn’t that great of a deal for me as I would have to front the money for it. (Yes, I understand that this is cheap…but for me it was the principle) So, rather than driving 40 miles to get two tires mounted I mounted them myself with a ball joint separator and the high pressure hose at my local “Flyin’ J” on my way to go riding one morning.

My experience scored from 1-10:

The Product: 6 – it wasn’t exactly as described although they fitted well. The UNI airfilter fit great.

The Shipping: 10 – not only was I able to track it but they shipped it faster than I thought it would. They exceeded my expectations in getting it to me weeks before they thought they would even have it at the time of our initial conversation.

Customer Service: 7 – They were very nice on the phone, the only thing that I can fault them on is not giving me more options like a “store credit”.

*******************************UPDATE************* *********************

RMATV has rectified the situation by warrantying-out the old tires and crediting me the amount. I chose to go with some Skat Trak Edges. They mounted them and shipped them back to me for the price difference.

I have not had a chance to use these tires yet.

Special thank you to RMATV customer service people Valerie and Rachelle. Both corresponded thoughtfully and helpfully throughout the whole process and escalated when asked.

THANKS RMATV!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Last edited by scuzz; 05-15-2009 at 09:32 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 Old 01-21-2009, 01:51 PM Thread Starter

I'll let you know how well the tires work in a separate posting.

Oh, and I would buy from them again too.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Last edited by scuzz; 01-21-2009 at 01:56 PM.
post #3 of 29 Old 01-21-2009, 05:11 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Why did you pick the AMS?

Just curious. Price?

post #4 of 29 Old 01-21-2009, 05:11 PM

I've always had great luck with Rocky Mountain. I've bought probably 90% of my aftermarket stuff from them, as well as riding gear. I also like Motosport Outlet. Give them a try if you can't find what you want at Rocky Mountain.
post #5 of 29 Old 01-22-2009, 10:03 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrstyDmn View Post
Why did you pick the AMS?

Just curious. Price?
You got it.

Cheapo straight paddles.

post #6 of 29 Old 01-22-2009, 10:38 AM

2 thumbs up for Rocky Mountain. Great people to deal with
post #7 of 29 Old 01-22-2009, 10:58 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to smo0oth1
I really have to give it to theses guys in the link. My FMF silencer leaked when I installed it. They sent me a new one overnight for NO extra charge so I could make the ride that weekend!

http://stores.ebay.com/Discount-Mx-Sales
post #8 of 29 Old 01-22-2009, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smo0oth1 View Post
I really have to give it to theses guys in the link. My FMF silencer leaked when I installed it. They sent me a new one overnight for NO extra charge so I could make the ride that weekend!

They've got really good prices.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2008 Honda TRX700XX | 13t Sprocket | HID Headlights | Steering Dampner | ITP Baja Fronts / ITP Pro's Rear | Maxxis RAZR2's all the way around!
post #9 of 29 Old 01-22-2009, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smo0oth1 View Post

Explain "leaked"?
I just installed the FMF Speed.
post #10 of 29 Old 01-22-2009, 03:30 PM Thread Starter

Guys lets try to keep these on topic if you don't mind. I'd like to have the review section with comments for that particular vendor or product.

Thanks guys!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode