Elka Shocks - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 11-15-2010, 06:39 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Elka Shocks

As some of you may remember I posted a poll about what I should get, exhaust or suspension.

Well, I took everyone's advice and got suspension. And here are my initial thoughts.

MustangGH found a great deal on them for me so I grabbed em. They are quadruple rate springs on the front and triple rate on the back. They made a world of difference in the ride. I feel much more in control of the bike now. And when we were hitting jumps at Wolf Pen Gap there were some jumps where I heard Mustang bottom out and hit his skid plate on the rocks and I didn't. And I weigh more than he does.

It seems to walk around a little more on high speed runs but it's not all that bad.

They also change the way the rear end feels. It seems like it allows you to spin the tires more going in a straight line, and it helps you in the corners a ton. I've ridden other 700's with the L8ton 11/16" sway bar and it doesn't slide quite like them but if you throw your weight inside you can hang it out on dirt roads really nicely without that uneasy feeling that you get with the stock setup.

When jumping/popping wheelies when I hit the ground it feels like you have solid suspension at first but then it relaxes and smooths out, but after a little ride time you get used to that and it is really easier on your body than bottoming out the stock shocks.

This is just the information I've gathered from the 2 days (~60-70 miles) I've had them on my quad.

So far I'm very impressed and they are well worth what I paid for them and then some.

If you can afford them I would suggest them to anyone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 11-15-2010, 07:08 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Baxter
You using stock a-arms all the way round ?

2008 TT-ReXX , 2003 400ex and 2014 CRF250r.
Products used, abused and loved from:
Ed at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Alex at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jim at

Kyle at

With out these guys , it would not be as much fun.
post #3 of 6 Old 11-15-2010, 07:15 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Baxter
If so I would like to try something. I will pay all costs and all I ask in return is a fair verdict. PM me , If you would be up for it ! "The Brit"

2008 TT-ReXX , 2003 400ex and 2014 CRF250r.
Products used, abused and loved from:
Ed at

Alex at

Jim at

Kyle at

With out these guys , it would not be as much fun.

post #4 of 6 Old 11-16-2010, 12:44 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
I also love my Elkas. Stage 2+ (adds compression adjustment) front and Stage 3 rear... all on stock a-arms. One thing I noticed is that your front shocks seem to have the pre-load backed all the way off. I would suggest that you adjust the pre-load to about the half way point... ride... and then go up or down from there... with a test ride at each adjustment point. Find the pre-load setting that's good for you. Correct to rider and riding style/terrain pre-load can make a world of difference. Do the same for rear shocks. Dial in your pre-load first and getting compression and rebound dialed in is easy after that. Once pre-load is dialed in, you can adjust compression and rebound on the fly for the terrain of the day. You may want to consider moving your rear rezzies to a more protected spot. If someone hit you in the back, those rezzies could become toast real quick mounted to the grab bar. JMO

Baxter, you got me curious about what you have in mind.

roadkill

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
"You lock the door and throw away the key. There's someone in my head, but it's not me."

R. Waters
x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

post #5 of 6 Old 11-16-2010, 04:01 PM Thread Starter

I bought the shocks used from someone that is real close to my height and weight that is a pro XC racer so I figured where he has them set is the best place for them to be.

I don't know anything about adjusting suspension and if I fiddle with it I will just get it all messed up.

And I know I need to move the rear reservoirs. That is just the temp spot to get me riding because I put them on the day before we went riding and I was about 200 miles away from my tools.

When I get my PRM rear bumper I'll get them moved.

2008 Honda TRX700XX
UNI Air Filter / HID Headlights / Primart Drive 13T Sprocket.
AC Racing MX Nerf Bars.
Maxxis RAZR 23x7x10 On (bent) ITP Baja's.
Maxxis RAZR 22x10x11 On OMF Beadlocks.
Elka Stage 3 Quadruple Rate Fronts.
Elka Stage 4 Triple Rate Rears.
L8ton Racing 9/16" Sway Bar and Stealth Front Bumper.
Teixeira Tech CXC Adjustable A Arms.
PRM Desert Grab Bar.
post #6 of 6 Old 04-27-2012, 01:11 PM

What would you guys recommend to me to replace my stock shocks. Something affordable but are well worth it.

Last edited by Ultimate700xx; 04-29-2012 at 01:42 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode