Alba Pro Elite Nerfs and Front Bumper - Page 2 - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 20 Old 12-05-2011, 08:19 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Update.

Nerfs are holding up well (structure wise) black paint has rubbed off some so now parts of the nerfs are blue. The front bumper cracked the two top mounts. Then I got stuck and forgot about the cracks and lifted up on the bumper and ripped off the both top mounts. So now I have no bumper, I will have to get another one and rigged it up somehow.

08 TRX700XX Silver/black, Uni air filter,L8ton racing 11/16" sway bar, 13t sprocket, Kenda kutters all the way around, Pro taper high bend bars, Powermadd hand guards, FMF powercore 4 with FMF powerbomb header, EHS programmer, EHS air box lid, Alba pro ellite nerf bars and bumper
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 20 Old 12-22-2011, 10:32 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My Alba nerf bars seem to be holding up just fine so far. Had them for like a year or so now I think. Saved my feet countless times so far.

Shonie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Heckle: 2008 TRX 700xx - Lexx Slip-on, Lexx Programmer,K&N Air Filter, Alba Nerf Bars, Honda Racing Skid Plates

Jeckle: 2008 TRX 700xx - AC Racing Full Exhaust, EHS Programmer, K&N Air Filter, Honda Racing Skid Plates, Alba Nerf Bars, K&N Air Filter
post #13 of 20 Old 02-21-2012, 06:06 AM

Send a message via MSN to Gravyking
My left nerfbars got an nasty crack this sunday when i was out riding.

post #14 of 20 Old 02-22-2012, 09:00 PM

yea my left bars cracked too, I sent them in to be repaired but had to pay for the box, which for these odd-shaped things was almost as much as shipping.
They guys at Alba acted like this was some strange occurrence and that they had never seen their bars cracked before.... yea right.

BTW mine cracked in the exact same place as yours. The mounting tabs are very poorly designed, but thats what you get with nerf bars that are less than 100 bucks

trail toy: '09 700xx: trailtech vapor, trailtech X bars, trailtech riser, OURY grips, l8ton 9/16" XL swaybar, CCP Stabilizer, 23" Razr front,24" bearclaws rear, fmf q4 slip-on, EHS programmer, EHS lid, powermadd handguards, Honda Racing skids, PRM 6 pack rack, 6000k HID's

lake toy: 98 Kawasaki ZXI 1100 jet ski, mostly stock

big toy: 2011 GMC 2500 duramax CCLB 4x4, a few mods but mostly stock
post #15 of 20 Old 02-23-2012, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxAggie09 View Post
yea my left bars cracked too, I sent them in to be repaired but had to pay for the box, which for these odd-shaped things was almost as much as shipping.
They guys at Alba acted like this was some strange occurrence and that they had never seen their bars cracked before.... yea right.

BTW mine cracked in the exact same place as yours. The mounting tabs are very poorly designed, but thats what you get with nerf bars that are less than 100 bucks

I'll have to inspect mine for cracks. I haven't really looked too closely at them lately. But as far as I know, they seem to be doing good so far.

Shonie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Heckle: 2008 TRX 700xx - Lexx Slip-on, Lexx Programmer,K&N Air Filter, Alba Nerf Bars, Honda Racing Skid Plates

Jeckle: 2008 TRX 700xx - AC Racing Full Exhaust, EHS Programmer, K&N Air Filter, Honda Racing Skid Plates, Alba Nerf Bars, K&N Air Filter
post #16 of 20 Old 02-24-2012, 09:35 AM

Dayum! Yep, mine are just starting to crack on the peg area mount just like the pictures posted. About an 1/8 inch to 1/4 inch long. I have two 700's both with Alba nerfs and both sets are starting to crack in the same place.

I see that the cracks begin at the end of the pegs. It's my guess that this could be caused by body weight or any kind of weight on the nerfs. They are aluminum after all and I'm sure they aren't that strong or engineered to hold all that much weight.

I have a friend thats a fabricator. I'm gonna take my quads over to him and see what he can do to fix the cracking issue.

Shonie

post #17 of 20 Old 02-26-2012, 09:24 PM

Alba just welded a plate (about 1/8 thickness) on top of the existing mounting tab that extended about half way over the round tube of the nerfs to add reinforcement.
I know that description isnt too good so i can try to get some pictures if necessary.
Unfortunately Alba only fixed one since the others havent cracked YET, so i guess ill get to try out the new TIG and reinforce the other side.

trail toy: '09 700xx: trailtech vapor, trailtech X bars, trailtech riser, OURY grips, l8ton 9/16" XL swaybar, CCP Stabilizer, 23" Razr front,24" bearclaws rear, fmf q4 slip-on, EHS programmer, EHS lid, powermadd handguards, Honda Racing skids, PRM 6 pack rack, 6000k HID's

lake toy: 98 Kawasaki ZXI 1100 jet ski, mostly stock

big toy: 2011 GMC 2500 duramax CCLB 4x4, a few mods but mostly stock
post #18 of 20 Old 08-02-2012, 03:30 PM

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Hey guys thanks for the posts on the cracking welds. I just got done reading all the reviews and I hope Alba comes up with a solution or better welds. If I didn't have fellow riders like you guys to test and try things out I wouldn't know what the best products are.
post #19 of 20 Old 08-15-2012, 04:34 PM

Do they still make the bumpers? Im having a hard time searching for it. I have had the nerfs for a few years and they seem to be holding up fine.
post #20 of 20 Old 08-31-2012, 09:43 AM

I got mine welded back up by a friend. I didn't have the time to visit my fabricator friend. The next day after getting them welded up is when I broke my leg riding.

Shonie

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode