Teixeira Tech CXC Uppers Review, Installation and Pictures. - Page 3 - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 31 Old 04-01-2011, 09:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I was just curious of the performance of the A-Arms without the sway bar. It is hard to say that you like the A-Arms better than the sway bar if you have never tried them without having the sway bar off. You cant really say how it performs if the sway bar wasnt there.

Port and Polishing w/ +1 Valves by Illinois Powersports
11:1 CP 715cc Big Bore Piston
290 Web Cam
+3 Throttle Body
PCV Tuned by Illinois Powersports
61.52 HP 48.24 TQ

Special Thanks To
Illinois Powersports
630-365-6722

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 31 Old 04-01-2011, 09:11 PM

Most guys running the sway bar are running stock shocks. How would you compare all the different set-ups?

The best in the business

High Desert Dyno/Cuervo Racing

Bo White 205-886-7043
Ed @

Chris & Mike
post #23 of 31 Old 04-01-2011, 09:41 PM

You couldn't unless you did them each seperately to get a perfect opinion. But it seems that shocks are not as much about turning as the a-arms or the sway bar. Im not bashing the a-arms but was just curious about the perfomance of them independent of the sway bar. I thought the write up was really good but it just got me wondering. Like the picture of how tight the turn was. Would it have been that tight without the sway bar? If not how much wider would it have been. Does that make sense. Just trying to find out more info. I havent seen a write up of this quality for just the a-arms so I was puting it out there to see if there was more to add

290 Web Cam
+3 Throttle Body
61.52 HP 48.24 TQ

Special Thanks To
Illinois Powersports
630-365-6722

post #24 of 31 Old 04-01-2011, 09:56 PM

Great questions! I would also like to know the answers

The best in the business

High Desert Dyno/Cuervo Racing

Bo White 205-886-7043
Ed @

Chris & Mike
post #25 of 31 Old 04-01-2011, 10:26 PM Thread Starter

I believe I still have my stock sway bar hidden in the box my 9/16 came in somewhere around here.

When I get my A arms fixed I will go make a circle with it how it is, then swap back to the stock bar and go do a circle on the same spot.

Switching the shocks back is a lot to ask though. lol Those are a PITA to put back in because the bushings aren't fixed.

2008 Honda TRX700XX
UNI Air Filter / HID Headlights / Primart Drive 13T Sprocket.
AC Racing MX Nerf Bars.
Maxxis RAZR 23x7x10 On (bent) ITP Baja's.
Maxxis RAZR 22x10x11 On OMF Beadlocks.
Elka Stage 3 Quadruple Rate Fronts.
Elka Stage 4 Triple Rate Rears.
L8ton Racing 9/16" Sway Bar and Stealth Front Bumper.
Teixeira Tech CXC Adjustable A Arms.
PRM Desert Grab Bar.
post #26 of 31 Old 04-01-2011, 10:35 PM

Nah thats not needed. Like I said for actual turning they are not as big a difference as the sway bar and a-arms

290 Web Cam
+3 Throttle Body
61.52 HP 48.24 TQ

Special Thanks To
Illinois Powersports
630-365-6722

post #27 of 31 Old 04-01-2011, 10:39 PM Thread Starter

They do help more than you'd think. IIRC I didn't have the sway bar yet when I put the shocks on and they made a big difference on dirt roads.

2008 Honda TRX700XX
AC Racing MX Nerf Bars.
PRM Desert Grab Bar.
post #28 of 31 Old 04-01-2011, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92K1500 View Post
Red-N-Black is correct.

I think I like the A arms more than the sway bar, but nobody will be able to get me to take the sway bar off. I think the xx should have both of them no matter what kind of riding you do.
Nice! Keep talkin like that. Still waiting on my shocks to give mine a try. My sonic sway made a world of difference over stock, hope I have just as good a luck with the arms as you have. First thing I'm gonna do is turn around on a oil and chip country road and stay on the pavement like my 600+lb rincon, and pretty much anything else I have ever owned. Then I'm gonna cut donuts across the field like a no hookin Banshee on wet grass!

KASH 2011
post #29 of 31 Old 04-11-2011, 09:06 AM Thread Starter

If my damn shock hadn't bent I'd have it back together and could do some videos....

It's still sitting on a jack stand missing it's lower A arm and a shock.

2008 Honda TRX700XX
AC Racing MX Nerf Bars.
PRM Desert Grab Bar.
post #30 of 31 Old 04-11-2011, 09:37 AM

I just got a chance to ride this past weekend with my new a-arms. I started out on the second from quickest castor setting which worked great on the trail. However there is a dirt road where you can really open it up and I didn't feel comfortable going any higher than 4th gear because it steered too quick and felt like I would dart off the road in a heart beat. So I backed off one notch on the castor and tryed again. This time it was much more stable at high speed but not quite as much as stock. But on the trails it steered much better than stock and seems like the perfect set up for me.

2008 red TRX700, CCP stabilizer, PRM Desert II, 13T sprocket, 23" Razr 2's, 11/16" sway bar,Elka Stage 2 Fronts, EHS Big 3, UNI filter, IMS PowerMadd Hand Guards, Wiigstyle rear shock re-spring, Teixeira Tech front upper A-arms,Precision Shock & Vibe clamps, Tusk Chub CR high bend, ODI Rouge grips, HCC seat cover, kenda kutter rear.

2010 camo Polaris Sportsman 850
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode