Durablue rear sway bar - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 04-02-2011, 02:13 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Durablue rear sway bar

I purchased the rear sway bar from Durablue as soon as they started making one. after the original installation(by their directions) I thought I had wasted a bunch of money.
That being said the XX is my first experience with an IRS quad and I didnt like it for hard riding. I am a 300 lb rider and it just had way to much body roll to be able to pitch it into a turn.
So I removed the sway bar and started studying it. The forelinks have 5 adjustment holes, from softer to stiffer but, you could only use the 3 softest, the end links wouldnt reach the other two.
After a lot of thought I started altering the swaybar mounts. I reinstalled the bar to set in the center of the upper sway bar instead of behind the frame this allowed me to use the stiffer of the settings on the forelinks.
I did have to cut the forelinks because of clearance problems but I dont have any plans to ever change back. I also had to cut a little off of the original mounts so also irreversible. One more cut was made to a gusset on the a-arm mounting bracket on the subframe for clearance but could have been avoided by making a spacer and useing a longer bolt that i didn't have.
But after making these changes I absolutely love this setup. there is almost no body roll while still allowing the IRS to do its job in the ruff stuff.
I am gonna send pics of the changes I made to Durablue to see if they will make a better set of brackets to mount the swaybar where i did
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sherry's pic 016.jpg (111.5 KB, 306 views)
File Type: jpg sherry's pic 017.jpg (89.2 KB, 264 views)
File Type: jpg sherry's pic 018.jpg (63.0 KB, 269 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 04-02-2011, 02:37 PM

Send a message via AIM to xx700xx
Wow, PITA! I would have just gone with the L8ton Racing. Drops right in and works amazing for half the price. Good work on making her fit!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 11 Old 04-02-2011, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xx700xx View Post
Wow, PITA! I would have just gone with the L8ton Racing. Drops right in and works amazing for half the price. Good work on making her fit!
Don't forget that there was a long period of time when Sonic and Dura Blue were the only games in town. I do applaud L8ton for making one that is more economical, allowing more people to see just how much better it can make this bike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadmonkey700xx View Post
I purchased the rear sway bar from Durablue as soon as they started making one. after the original installation(by their directions) I thought I had wasted a bunch of money.
That being said the XX is my first experience with an IRS quad and I didnt like it for hard riding. I am a 300 lb rider and it just had way to much body roll to be able to pitch it into a turn.
So I removed the sway bar and started studying it. The forelinks have 5 adjustment holes, from softer to stiffer but, you could only use the 3 softest, the end links wouldnt reach the other two.
After a lot of thought I started altering the swaybar mounts. I reinstalled the bar to set in the center of the upper sway bar instead of behind the frame this allowed me to use the stiffer of the settings on the forelinks.
I did have to cut the forelinks because of clearance problems but I dont have any plans to ever change back. I also had to cut a little off of the original mounts so also irreversible. One more cut was made to a gusset on the a-arm mounting bracket on the subframe for clearance but could have been avoided by making a spacer and useing a longer bolt that i didn't have.
But after making these changes I absolutely love this setup. there is almost no body roll while still allowing the IRS to do its job in the ruff stuff.
I am gonna send pics of the changes I made to Durablue to see if they will make a better set of brackets to mount the swaybar where i did
Nice job making it what you wanted it to be! That rear end looks sweet man. I think that being able to adjust the feel by moving a few components would be cool. Have to exchange the whole torsion bar on my Sonic.

KASH 2011

Last edited by EEHonda; 04-02-2011 at 03:16 PM.

post #4 of 11 Old 04-02-2011, 10:47 PM Thread Starter

thanks guys I just really like being able to adjust and tweek to make it fit what i'm doin right now. I do a lot of different types of riding and racing so adjustability is important to me.. thats why I went with the Durablue.. Also if you didn't realize, it has been lowered 3 inches, thats why it looks so nice, It is 51.5 inches wide. I have the parts to be able to set My xx up at 3 different heights too but takes a litttle longer to change than the swaybar
post #5 of 11 Old 06-10-2011, 12:55 AM

I agree! Verry cool!
post #6 of 11 Old 03-20-2012, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadmonkey700xx View Post
How did you lower it? Did you lower the front too? I am buying a 700xx and will lower it. I am 250 lbs and 6'2'' tall. I want it low to the ground for cornering. Where I will be riding I don't need allot of ground clearence. It will be on the streets and highways allot & MTN curves. My wife will also ride it so don't want her rolling over. Looks like the shocks don't have allot of room for lowering ajustment? Can I lower it more than you have done? I like your sway bar install. Any info. appreciated. Grant
post #7 of 11 Old 03-29-2012, 10:10 PM Thread Starter

SRY I havent been online for a while. The method I used to ower my quad was pretty simple I replaces all four springs(not the entire shock) with the front spring off of a Z400 suzuki. They are almost the same length while being a softer spring, allowing the bike to set lower. I also adjusted the shocks to lower them as much as possible. All this being said, If you havent foundthe bike you are buying yet, I may be selling mine. My wife is having some medical problems forcing her to give up her income. we are going to have to give up some toys. My XX will probably be one of them, just not sure yet. If you are interested pm me for more info. also if you dont want mine and have anymore questions just ask, I'm more than happy to help.
post #8 of 11 Old 03-29-2012, 10:12 PM Thread Starter

BTW I dont think you would want to be any lower than mine as my a-arms are setting flat, going beyond that messes up the suspension IMO
post #9 of 11 Old 05-11-2012, 04:56 PM

erin from new zealand

hi to all have just found your site after searching for a swaybar . these 700xx are slow to take off here in new zealand as most like to slid and they cant get there head around the different style needed to ride this bike . i guess the sway bar will sort that out .
can anyone help with a contact in the usa to buy mods for quads that will ship to new zealand .
cheers erin
post #10 of 11 Old 05-14-2012, 09:51 PM Thread Starter

I dont know if they ship to New Zealand or not but check these companies. rocky mountain atv, dennis kirk, ronnies online, and of course all the companies who sponsor our site. they all have advertisements on the site.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode