DG Nerfs - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 03-03-2009, 11:22 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DG Nerfs

If there are any of my brothers that have had the same crap customer service from DG regarding their 700xx nerfs, I post this as my fix for the front tube mounting bracket. Easy 'nough fix... Just had to hack the shipped bracket into 3 pieces, threw away the 'center' piece and welded a steel concrete stake to the two pieces after fitting them in the proper locations at the lower A-Arm bolts (flat bar would work as well).

DG!! F&%$ YOU FOR NOT CALLING BACK !!!

FOOLEO - 260lbs of pure attitude
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

---------------------------------------------
'08 700xx: 2-Bros Slip-On, Renthal Bars, DG Nerfs, UNI Filter, 13T sprocket, HMF Programmer, 22" RAZRs Front & Back, ASV Levers (Red)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 03-04-2009, 07:44 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I have always heard that DG stands for "Don't Get". I have no personal experience, but have heard too many horror stories that I'll never personally experience them myself.

2008 Honda 700xx Red/Black, Full Alba Exhaust, UNI Filter, EHS Lid, PC3, 13T Front,Pro Armor Pro XC Bumper (BIGGEST P.O.S EVER MADE), Pro Armor Full Chassis/Swing Arm Skids, PRM A-Arm Skids, Maxxis RAZR fronts and rears. In the works, ported/polished head, custom cam, ported T/B.

1997 Toyota Supra Black/Black with a little boost and 1300 hp
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2003 Mustang Cobra ditched the S/C for a 80mm hairdryer
2007 Yamaha R1 Charcoal/Black
2013 BMW 335 Coupe Deep Sea Blue/Black
post #3 of 6 Old 03-04-2009, 11:14 AM

Those look like they mount the same as the Pro Armors. Do they attach at the a-arm mount? The Pro Armor nerfs slide together over the frame though, which seems like a much better design. My Pro Armors didn't fit right either if it makes you feel any better. Will you be able to install a frame skid with that thing in place?

post #4 of 6 Old 03-04-2009, 08:54 PM

DG nerfs

I put my DG nerfs on and had not one problem. The bracket that you corrected fit my 700xx perfect. All the bolts worked also. Sorry you had such a problem.

The Patriotic 700xx. Invision Blaze of Glory graphics, Pro armor Dominator II bumper, DG Nerfs, Acerbis Hand Guards, Maxxis Razr Rears, Two Brothers Exhaust, P4 Power tip, Rocky Mountain Lexx EFI controller. AC six pack grab bar, GPS Mount.

(((Handicap Racing)))
post #5 of 6 Old 03-06-2009, 11:41 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by xx-rated View Post
Those look like they mount the same as the Pro Armors. Do they attach at the a-arm mount? The Pro Armor nerfs slide together over the frame though, which seems like a much better design. My Pro Armors didn't fit right either if it makes you feel any better. Will you be able to install a frame skid with that thing in place?

Not sure about the skid plate...but that's the reason for the flat bar. If it was mounted with the angle iron bracket that came with the set, there's no way a plate would fit. I have enough slack to where I should be able to tuck the plate under the bracket and then remount. We'll see - skids are my next purchase...along with the RAZRs

FOOLEO - 260lbs of pure attitude

---------------------------------------------
'08 700xx: 2-Bros Slip-On, Renthal Bars, DG Nerfs, UNI Filter, 13T sprocket, HMF Programmer, 22" RAZRs Front & Back, ASV Levers (Red)
post #6 of 6 Old 04-02-2011, 01:38 PM

I also bought the DG nerfs and they fit perfectly. I didnt have problems with installing them. I bought them before I found this forum and long time after you did so maybe they had a problem and corrected it before I got mine. sorry about your problems. your pics have been deleted so I dont know if there is any difference or not
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode