ride report - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 06-06-2011, 01:38 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
ride report

so i finally got the bike late Saturday evening and immediately got onto fitting on the pro armor fat pegs and bumper. good solid equipment but a pita to fit on!

what can i say you guys got it spot on the bike pushes into corners and the rare shocks are mega harsh
so ive put it up for sale...

just kidding its all giggles!

tough to stay at 50% throttle for break in as i was having so much fun and always wanting for more power, does it really do 86mph? cause ill be seeing that side often...

it was such a pleasure knowing that all the big rocks were too small to hamper the trx's progress (ground clearance)

over the week ill put in the ds shocks and swap the front springs to the rear.
if that works ill be looking to Ed at texiera and kyle at l8ton to put me right (and left!)

if not then sadly it will have to go as elka and fox will put the price tag too high and ill have to stick to dirt bikes

overall a really great bike, fits the bill perfectly as a weekend toy but i bought it for high speed racing

tchui
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 06-07-2011, 04:41 PM

The xx has a pretty good top end on it. From what I read, the limiter hits at 87. A factory bike cannot hit the limiter. I have had my stock xx up to 80 and had to shut down because of corner. Some say a good running bike with the big 3 can do 85. You just get ther a lot faster. One gy on here says he hit limiter on dyno with a 15t(stock 14) front sprocket. That should put him in mid 90s territory. Withe a smaller sprocket people still claim thehigh 70's because the motor has enough to push it to the limiter.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MY RIDES

Amish washing the buggy^^^^
post #3 of 16 Old 06-08-2011, 11:49 AM Thread Starter

putting in the ds shocks this week/end... helluva lot more cutting than i had anticipated, but am at the point of no return now...
i do hope i can sort the ride out.
it would be sad to let it go cause it really is good fun.

not planning on any engine / power mods and ive stalled it a few times as well so cant see myself changing away from stock gearing...

is 2 hrs a good break in period? can i open it up after that?

post #4 of 16 Old 06-08-2011, 10:12 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 240 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tchui View Post
not planning on any engine / power mods and ive stalled it a few times as well so cant see myself changing away from stock gearing...

is 2 hrs a good break in period? can i open it up after that?
swap the front sproket to a 13th and you probly wont stall as often.

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 16 Old 06-08-2011, 10:16 PM

I got a programmer and can take off idling, I am getting pipe, air filter and 13 t this week. Programmer changed a lot, and my head pipe doesn't get as red anymore.

MY RIDES

Amish washing the buggy^^^^
post #6 of 16 Old 06-09-2011, 05:52 AM Thread Starter

no more money left guys.... lol. stock power should be plenty for our rough terrain if i get the suspensions sorted and am up near the limiter 80% of the time ill look into power mods. im a firm believer that good suspensions and setup make you go your fastest, that and a few creature comforts like good sitting/standing ergos let you go faster for longer.
post #7 of 16 Old 06-11-2011, 08:22 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by traitor08 View Post
I got a programmer and can take off idling, I am getting pipe, air filter and 13 t this week. Programmer changed a lot, and my head pipe doesn't get as red anymore.
With programmer and exhaust you may not want the 13t from what I hear.

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

post #8 of 16 Old 06-12-2011, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Quick View Post
With programmer and exhaust you may not want the 13t from what I hear.
I have the big 3 and still use the 13T. It allows me to make really tight turns in 2nd gear and not need to go to 1st like the 14T does.

2008 red TRX700, CCP stabilizer, PRM Desert II, 13T sprocket, 23" Razr 2's, 11/16" sway bar,Elka Stage 2 Fronts, EHS Big 3, UNI filter, IMS PowerMadd Hand Guards, Wiigstyle rear shock re-spring, Teixeira Tech front upper A-arms,Precision Shock & Vibe clamps, Tusk Chub CR high bend, ODI Rouge grips, HCC seat cover, kenda kutter rear.

2010 camo Polaris Sportsman 850
post #9 of 16 Old 06-12-2011, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRX700XXX View Post
I have the big 3 and still use the 13T. It allows me to make really tight turns in 2nd gear and not need to go to 1st like the 14T does.

KASH 2011
post #10 of 16 Old 06-12-2011, 09:43 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRX700XXX View Post
Right and if racing, you dead start in 2nd too right?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode